Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Bobinsons of Rochdale

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2002, 11:42 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Please use this thread to post your comments about this dealership, I know they are absolute **** and wouldn't let them change the batteries in my remote controlled Scoob from now on. (Matthew R excepted).
I WILL use every comment in correspondence to IM. So please do not post tosh
Old 02 July 2002, 08:52 PM
paul corrigan
Scooby Regular

im having problems with them at the moment, i had a chat with john sherwood at im today lets hope he can sort them out if not i think its a letter to fuji heavy industries ltd in tokyo japan informing them of there substandard dealer network in the uk .
Old 03 July 2002, 02:36 PM
Beech Boy
Scooby Regular

Red face

Paul

Thats a bit unfair on the rest of us Uk Dealers who do our best to give you guys a good service!!

Please dont tar us all with the same brush mate!!
Old 03 July 2002, 08:09 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

This thread may need to get moderated
Old 04 July 2002, 08:41 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Question

With the demise of A P Hynes, I am looking for another Dealership in the Manchester Area.
I take it Robinsons are not recommended, what about the Monks Heath Dealership?
I am thinking of getting some Prodrive bits and pieces fitted so it's important that I get a good Dealership.
Any thoughts anyone?
Old 04 July 2002, 09:37 AM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

a and j white in blackburn aren't that far away - used them once, not too bad.
Old 04 July 2002, 04:08 PM
Gazza_W1
Scooby Regular

Guys,

I took my car there recently for a full service. Plus I've had a couple of warranty jobs done to my car in the last few months.
Not really had a problem with them. I was a little annoyed they didn't change my rear pads at the last service because they were worn. A week after my £400 service my rear pads were scrapping to indicate they were worn. Ended up fitting them myself after buying the pads from Pete at Scooby Sport.

Is anyone prepared to explain why they don't recommend Robinsons ?

Cheers

Gary.

Trending Topics

Old 04 July 2002, 04:50 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Never had any problems with Robinsons, i suggest that if you do either take it up with them or IM, if 99.9% of people are having good service from them then i think thats pretty damn good if not you could always try an independant dealer like ProSport in Didsbury?

Tony
Old 05 July 2002, 06:25 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Angry

They do not know what they are doing!!
My exhaust recently fell off (Robinsons had replaced it) followed by a re-occurrence of a gearbox oil leak 4 weeks after it was supposedly fixed, for which they needed 2 days to do. Not to mention messing my partner around for a day waiting for an AC engineer to turn up (who never did).[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Then look at Pauls problems. Would his car has been in and out of Robinsons about 5 times this year if they knew what they were doing? Do they actually have Fully Qualified personnel there of are they just YTS people? Now his car is in again!!
It wouldn't be so bad if they believed the customer for once ie: "My gearbox is rattling" (Robinsons,) "Let us book in your car say, three weeks on Tuesday ? " (Customer) "ok then bye"
Three weeks on Tuesday night later, (Robinsons) "Hello Mr Customer your gearbox IS rattling, would you like to book in your car for three weeks on thursday?" (Customer) Why haven't you fixed it? (Robinsons) "Errr, errrm we don't have the part and it could be something else, so best off we let a technichan have a look, ok?"
(Customer)"Ok then see you in three weeks"[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
So six weeks after your car has first been reported it is STILL un roadworthy and approx 4 weeks after a gearbox rebuild Paul's gearbox fell apart!!!
10 weeks on Paul has no car!
That is service for you! and that is people who Know what they are doing!

Old 05 July 2002, 06:48 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

I once tried to order something from them mail order. They took my credit card details and address but never sent the item, however they didn't seem to charge my card for anything either so not too bad.