Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

number plates.

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2002, 11:54 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
washing the car today, and SNAP, the number plate went.. well it's a bit snapped, screwed to tight i think..

my fault also!

but where should i get a nice number plate from? not any place to send off too... just somewhere nationwide like halfords, etc??

that does a nice number plate design..
Old 17 July 2002, 12:48 AM
Richard.S
Scooby Regular

Talking

Phil,

Good timing mate! well sort of! What I mean is that I just ordered a set of plates from a blinder of a number plate company - www.fancyplates.com I got the link from another thread on this section at the weekend.

Anyway, just to quickly say, 'cause it's late and I need to work tomorrow! - I wanted a standard UK plate but with a few modifications so I sent an email to the company and they replied within 20 minutes! That's good on a given day but this was Saturday, and past 10pm! So brownie point no.1! Then I placed the order, asked for the mods (bring all the letters together to make a word and modify one of the numbers ever so slightly to make it look like a letter - this was for show purposes, not using on the road...) And they said no problem, we can do that! So I went onto their excellent website, made the plate up until I liked the look of it nice and quickly, confirmed the order, paid and went to bed! Another BP!

Then on Tuesday morning (1 working day after placing the order) I received the plates! Amazing speed of service you'd agree, if sent from within the UK but no, this company is based in Ireland! Still can't believe the speed! Third Brownie point well deserved!

Then as if that wasn't enough, I received the plates exactly as I asked, and I mean exactly! i.e. I couldn't have done better myself if I had the equipment and I am a fussy ba$tard! AND, they even supplied all the screws and caps (three colours - black, yellow, white) AND double sided sticky foam pads in case you preferred that method of attachement! Jeez, when I last bought plates from Halfords, the screws OR sticky pads were extra! Fourth, what the hell, Fifth brownie point well and truly deserved!

I so totally have nothing to do with this company, I just like to blow the trumpet of those that genuinely impress me with their service as I'm in business myself and know how difficult it is to keep customers happy. And these guys did a top job - they deserve any praise they can get!

Anyway, I think that's enough from me - I'm off to bed!

Cheers and thanks once more to Connor at fancyplates!

Rich
Old 17 July 2002, 10:31 AM
gaz #73
Scooby Regular

Cool

same here,had a play on this site ,liked the plates i came up with,sent off for them 2 days later on my car.good service or wot i would recomend them
Old 17 July 2002, 11:11 AM
Roger The Cat
Scooby Regular

Question

Any known issues with plating up a car with ols style plates - is it legal? I think they look th edogs but don't want to attract unwelcome attention from the keepers of the peace
Old 17 July 2002, 11:34 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Roger

Old style plates on a post 74 (?) car ane a no-no.
I had a black plate on the rear of my Peugeot (as it was a black car), and earned myself a £60 fine.
It was a private plate (1968 reggie), but arguing that I thought that allowed me to use a black plate made no difference whatsoever.

Maybe you should think twice about it.

Paul