Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

An end to customer care problems at last

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2002, 07:40 PM
Nix
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After my recent posting complaining about how my MY99 had blown up 1 month out of warranty and Subaru would not help me, today I received a phone call saying that they had re-considered and would pay 75% off the bill (nearly £4k). .It just goes to show if you shout loud enough and go to magazines like Top Gear (who phoned Subaru UK this morning....COINCIDENCE?????????) that you can get somewhere. I know legally I didn't have a leg to stand on, but just wanted some gesture of goodwill considering the price us punters pay for their cars. Thanks Subaru UK
Old 23 August 2002, 07:54 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Lets see you eat those words then, now one at a time there !

Blutes
Old 23 August 2002, 09:43 PM
Nix
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Its taken over TWO months of trying though.....Thanks to all the people who agreed with me....and boo sucks to the people who said it was tuff s#*t...I'm glad I didn't just roll over and pay like they suggested, I would be £4k worse off right now.
Old 23 August 2002, 09:48 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

bluto22b - you have been quiet lately....I have missed your dry sense of humor, whoever you are.

shunty
Old 23 August 2002, 10:22 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Nix,

I'm very pleased for you. Situations like this one need a keen sense of perspective and a great degree of common sense by all parties to get to an amicable solution.

Why it needed the intervention of Top Gear to get Subaru to the position they are now at, but with you, as a prospective customer for repeat business left really pi$$ed off and soured by the whole experience, I do not know. My view is that the car industry in the UK has a long, long way to go before it fully embraces the ethos of sustainable customer care!

Well done for showing some grit in the face of yet another example of corporate stupidity.

WB
Old 23 August 2002, 10:31 PM
Nix
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Thanks...Now all I want to do is get my beloved Scooby back for a bit of fun...I'm bored with driving the wife's people carrier!!!!
Old 23 August 2002, 10:34 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, result.

I don't know who to congratulate first, you or Saxo Boy.

Looks like it's shaping up to be a good weekend for all. That's what I like to see
Old 23 August 2002, 11:01 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Have to say, that Subaru UK came across with a decent contribution when I chucked back my MY00 after the 13th warranty repair in 12 months. True, I got a silly letter back first time, but my Dealer got stuck in and rattled the right cage. So I'm still a customer - and in an STiUK at that, tho' finding my share of the extra dosh was untimely.

Reinforces the lesson: get your dealer onside if you can, identify the right target and stand your ground - politely but very firmly.

Well done

Phil
Old 24 August 2002, 12:07 AM
Nix
Scooby Newbie

Wink

I didn't exactly have the dealer onside...They totally washed their hands of it....until today, and now cannot do enough to help me...amazing what a phone call to the Subaru press office from the Top Gear consumer editor can do !!! Alls well that ends well.....now back to dreaming of going sideways again....
Old 24 August 2002, 12:51 AM
brendy
Scooby Regular

Hi Nix - thanks for your reply to my thread involving Chesterfield B***ARDS - how did you involve Top Gear.
I will try letter to dealer and IM motors first but all info is helpful.
Old 24 August 2002, 11:08 AM
Nix
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Hi mate...I emailed them to start with (editor.tgmag@bbc.co.uk & queries.tgmag@bbc.co.uk ) ,got a reply from the consumer editor called Paul Walton and took it from there. He can also be called on 02084333735/02084333754....good luck and let me know how the moral crusade goes...we give these gits our hard earned cash for a service only to be mucked about...It makes me cringe when I think about all the people that just roll over and pay up without a fight because they think they don't have consumer rights because of some clause or the car is out of warranty. Trading standards told me that even though it was out of warranty that the car still had to be 'fit for purpose'...NO #2 CYLINDER NOT FIT!!! Good luck