Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

STi 7 Digit Power tuning Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2002, 10:18 AM
BigDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking of having some work done by them - 305 PS/420 nm
www.digit-power.ch

Has anyone had any experience with them or know anyone who has? I do not want to make a mistake.
Please give me your thoughts.
Old 23 September 2002, 11:16 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Big Dude,
Sorry have not heard of them but the engine is pretty solid and believe that the Subaru offical £2K PPP(Prodrive Performance Pack) has the same figure. In Switzaland don't you have a choice of 3 offical packs?
Some performance Tuners in the UK run the STi7 safely tune the engine to 310ps (Power Engineering, Power Station and others) but be aware that not warrenteed by Subaru.
There is problems with "Boost spikes" through De-catting which will **** you pride and joy and need resolving with changing the size of a restrictor . Far tooooooooooo technical for me but look at http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=134076
and loads of other treads on this subject by Dave-ts
Tony

Edited due to spooooooling misstacks

[Edited by T5NYW - 9/23/2002 11:37:01 AM]
Old 23 September 2002, 12:26 PM
BigDude
Scooby Regular

Thanks T5NY. That's what concerns me the most - the boost spikes.
I was hoping, because of their reputation and Subaru warranty, that the PPP would be available in Switzerland but it seems it's not going to happen unless someone has other info.
Old 23 September 2002, 12:45 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Bigdude,
I got an official e-mail from Prodrive about the PPP not being available from dealers here in Switzerland. I was told that they will send it to you when its available and you can fit it yourself if you like. Unfortunatley it will also invalidate your warranty as it is not recognised by Subaru Switzerland and Prodrive say its way too much hassle to get it passed by Swiss authorities.

Apparently you can get insurance for the engine alone from some of the insurance companies here as long as its not more than 20% increase in power over standard ( about 50 HP ).

Back to Digit Power, I have looked at an EVO 6 that had work done by Digit and the owner was very happy with them and I am also looking at the 305HP option from them for my STi7.

Hope this helps
Scott
Old 23 September 2002, 01:57 PM
BigDude
Scooby Regular

Hi Scott. So I guess you'll be going to Digitpower. I must say, I'm mighty tempted myself. Please keep me posted if and when you have your car done. My previous WRX was tuned by my dealer close to Schaffhausen and he did a fantastic job (260 ps/ 374 nm) but seams to be having a real hard time with the STi. Are you the one in Zug, British, American or Swiss and how do you like your car? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 23 September 2002, 03:34 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Second that ! If you get it done by Digit-Power I'm also interested in knowing how it turns out. Cheers !
Old 23 September 2002, 07:21 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Any ideas what they do to get this increase? D'ont forget Ecutek are working on the STi7 as we speak.This would be potentially available to you and undetectable by your dealer
Old 23 September 2002, 08:16 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Deep,
If the Ecutec is nearly ready perhaps thats why the rushed annoncement of a PPP date. Don't suppose that Ecu and xhorst will be £2k
I am not that interested as a UK warrentee PPP person
After reading the article in SIDC mag by Pete Croney about IM maybe a JDM/Litchfields/TSL dutch connection or Honda/Rover next no wonder dealers are quitting Subaru

Tony
Old 24 September 2002, 08:42 AM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Bigdude,
From downunder as my nik suggests and live now in Zug... The car is great except for the distinct lack of power under 3500Rpm. Had a 206 Pug I couldnt shake on the Susten pass a few weeks back, coming out of hairpins was too harsh in first and if the revs dropped below 3000 rpm in second it took forever to spool up which is why I am looking at Digit. I am going to wait for Ekutek to come out with their ECU first before I do anything.

Deep,
To answer your question they claim to get 305 Hp 420Nm ( costs about £1600) from a Zorst wih high flow cats, breathing kit and some time on a Bosch FLA-206 "Roller type test equipment" tweaking the Digital Motor Electronics?? which suggests for about 3 months they have been able to play with the mapping of the STi7 ??
Old 24 September 2002, 09:08 AM
BigDude
Scooby Regular

Swaussie,
I know what you mean, I've been caught off gard several times by "lesser" cars. Just relaxing and cruising at normal engine speed simply doen't work - you always have to be ready to downshift if you want to stand your ground or risk being cut off repeatedly from all sides by the pleasant and very courtious Swiss drivers. I guess everyone has a need to prove one self. What's with this ecutec - any good, and what about the dealers not being able to notice it?
Old 24 September 2002, 09:43 AM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Ekutek ( www.ekutek.com ) is what a lot of people seem to use and recommend on here. Probably require a trip to the UK to get it fitted and tested but not too sure about that. As for dealers not noticing it I have been told by Subaru Switzerland anything we do will void the warranty so its a bit risky if you are worried about that, best to ask the hundreds of more knowledgeable people on this Board about that one.
Scooby sport have a distributor in Switzerland (www.scoobysport.ch) so that might be another avenue to follow if you are looking for mods.
Old 24 September 2002, 07:03 PM
Boxer
Scooby Regular

I've used Digit Power to tune my previous car a VW Golf 1.8 turbo.
Quality work, drove it for a year no problems.
There is another tuner in Neuchatel called GTOEvolution in Neuchatel. They have a good reputation, they say Digit Power does not remap the ECU, rather they use some type of mechanical rather than electronic method of raising the boost. They (GTO) are working on the STI ECU, for around 2000 francs, and say I should wait for their tuning, which should be ready in a couple of months.
I'll wait.
Old 25 September 2002, 09:34 AM
BigDude
Scooby Regular

Thanks for everyone's input. Stefano from the Ticcino - thanks - emailed me yesterday and told me there was an article in the October Auto Bild (for those of you who speek German) on the Digit-Power STi7. I'm impressed. 305 PS at 6050 rpm/425 Nm at 3900 rpm with boost comming in earlier, 0-100 km/h 4.9s, 0-160 11.5. Sounds good to me! Again, If anyone has it done please give me some feedback.
Old 25 September 2002, 10:32 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

If you're interested in EcuTek remaps within Switzerland, please email me They're available now for 99/00 cars and the WRX comes soon, quickly followed (hopefully!) by the STi.

Richard