Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

M3 stlye mirrors from tsl -"im blind***"

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2002, 01:21 AM
dariogatso
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

purchased the m3 stlye mirrors from tsl, have purchased all my parts from them since purchasing my 99 uk turbo.... couple of questions....why is it that i needed to have the mirrors fixing plate filled in and moulded, due to the hollow inside of the base plate being visiable from the inside of the car!!!..would have appreciated being informed of this upon purchasing / help me take account of the extra cost in fitting also!!! im aware vision loss is the price you pay for fitting these mirrors...but i get a nice view of o/s/r back door...cant see anything more than that...which makes parking fun...but the good thing is i get a lovely view of the sky out of the n/s/f mirror...in effect i can see jack shi*..they are fitted properly and as far as i can tell have no room for adjustment in them...(electric model mirrors)..just wondered if you could shed some light on this matter for me to save me from growing increasingly dissapointed in tsl...i wont go into the hastle with the grill i also purchased...save that for another day...look forward to hearing anything on this matter from anyone...
Old 30 September 2002, 09:51 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

No offence mate but not worth it having a beef about this on here. Take the car back and talk to Trouser about it. TSL usually bend over backwards to keep their customers happy.

And you get a cup of tea to keep you happy
Old 30 September 2002, 04:29 PM
dariogatso
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

ah to be fair, not to often i get even slightly angry. tsl in general have been decent to me....shall see what the outcome is anyway....prefer coffee to tea,,,
Old 01 October 2002, 11:22 AM
Trouser @TSL
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi mate

sorry to hear on here.. as on the.. phone that you had trouble with these.

These are a generic mirror that is fitted with a Subaru specific plate.

We have sold over 15 sets of these and even have a set here that we tried on a car yesterday to make sure that we weren't selling you a wrong'un. As i said on the phone when you first trial fitted them.. If you aren't 100% delighted i would have been happy to give a full refund and pay to have them collected back here.

I also have a car down at the bodyshop that we are performing the same procedure on...Went to check there too. I can see out of them just fine.. but not sure obviously if we would sit in the same place, which may be a big factor. I am a lanky bugger!. Is it possible to send me a pic of the finished mounting please mate?.. Because i am genuinely mystified as to how the angle of visibility is not sufficient for a safe rear view. thanks.

Obviously am keen to sort this to your satisfaction. Am on holiday all this week , but please call me on my mobile 07973 236 240 as i would like to handle this one personally

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Paul
TSL
Old 01 October 2002, 12:31 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Question

Paul

Having exactly the same problem with my set that I got from you six weeks or so ago. I too have had them fitted but dont mind too much about the hollow part of the plate. After all it sits flush against the window and there hasn't been any sign of water getting in. Drivers side mirror is fine but passenger?? another blind spot to go with the rest I'm afraid.

One other thing...the wiring. I got the electrical ones and found that the original mirrors have four wires, yours have 3. How should these be connected. Got them moving up and down but that was it.

Your help would be appreciated but I plan on coming to see you anyway for a geometry set up. Perhaps I could kill the proverbial two birds then??
Old 01 October 2002, 02:16 PM
dariogatso
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

i do appreciate the assistance you are offering, at present the car is back in the body shop having one or two things checked, they are gonna double check instalation and see if ther is any play on the mirror....considering im build like a **** house door and well over 6ft,i do tend to sit low and close to the wheel though( i saw schumacher drive like it once)...i got to buzz the b-shop, i may call you if the problem still remains after today....thanks for the assistance ( p.s- if got a little short with your associate on the phone the other day, must have been to lack of coffee, do offer my appoligies)