Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anyone ordered from Gertjan - Holland?

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2002, 05:42 PM
Jatinder
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im wanting to order a WRX from Gertjan in Holland but before I place an order I would really appreciate it if anyone could answer my following questions:

1. What spec of car did you order, and how much did you pay for it?

2. Are there any extra shipping charges?

3. Did the car need to be taken to the DVLA for registration or was this all sorted out from Gertjan?

4. Was the car shipped under a personal import?

5. Are there any finance packages available from Gertjan or was it all sorted out from the UK?

Can anyone help?

Cheers people!!!
Old 05 October 2002, 11:01 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Jatinder,
cant answer specify questions, but for
a general guide on importing visit -
www.truro.swinternet.co.uk

alan
Old 06 October 2002, 11:25 AM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I ordered my MY00 from him about 21/2 years ago so some of this might be a bit out of date...

1. What spec of car did you order, and how much did you pay for it?
It was a standard UK spec Turbo without air con, cost me £15000 inc all costs.

2. Are there any extra shipping charges?
You have to go over to Holland to pick it up so you need to budget for flight over and ferry (or drive + tunnel back).

3. Did the car need to be taken to the DVLA for registration or was this all sorted out from Gertjan?
You have to register the car when you get it back to the UK. It's a very simple procedure.

4. Was the car shipped under a personal import?
Er not sure what you mean.

5. Are there any finance packages available from Gertjan or was it all sorted out from the UK?
I don't think he does any finance, you'd probably be better sorting that over here anyway.

Also don't forget that you need to pay VAT once you get the car back to the UK (usually a month or two after you tell customs and excise).

Also, if you speak to him on the phone, his name is pronounces "Hetchan".

Hope this helps.
Old 06 October 2002, 08:20 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Gertjan is a top, top, top guy. I can't see me buying a Subaru from anywhere else.

Ordered a UK spec MY00 in June 1999, delivered November 1999.

Shipping charges - there's a delivery charge to deliver your car to Gertjan, then you pick it up from there. Just like a UK dealer.

You MUST register it yourself. Gertjan cannot do this for you.

Shipped under a personal import? Eh? I went to his place in Zuid Beijerland (he will probably be ok to pick you up from Rotterdam station) and drove it back myself. My V5 says "new at first registration"

Finance? I doubt he can do anything.

Remember, he is a small Subaru dealer in a very small village in Holland. He provides a fantastic service (the package he did me was superb, and he also put in some great personal touches, like flowers for my wife and other bits) and he will provide you the car and everything you need to register it in the UK, such as the certificate of conformity, the invoice, the temporary registration so you can drive it in holland if you don't want to put it on the back of a flat-bed - everything.

Drop me a mail if you want to know more. DO NOT be put off into thinking it's complex, as filling out a V55/5 takes a good 5 minutes providing you have the right stuff to hand - which Gertjan sorts out.

Buying a car from him was an experience that I'd recommend. Top guy, real Scooby enthusiast, great service.

Nick.