Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Sparsh*tts Botley

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2003, 06:55 PM
SwampSport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just picked my Sport MY01 up from having its 22,500 service, a free service i add as a good will gesture after messing me around when i brought the car.Anyway on my way home down the motorway not much need for the brakes,however coming off the motorway on the slip road plenty of need for them.I put my foot on them only to find the pedal goes right to the floor and me having to use the hard shoulder to avoid smashing into the traffic nearly killing myself!!I then drove the short distance home to my home at 20mph and on pulling onto my drive see smoke coming from the rear drums.Phoned Sparsh*tts and spoke to the service manager who said"Nothing to do with us" I then asked him if the handbrake had been adjusted to which he said yes.Anyway after a bit of a heated exchange they are getting a recovery truck to pick it up tomorrow as i refused to drive it now and said they will "Take a look at it"
Any suggestions what action to take,insist on new rear brakes as they have been well and truly cooked etc??

ps anyone else had a bad experience with this dealer

Daz

Old 30 July 2003, 08:51 PM
Steve Holmes
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your near miss mate, but I use them regularly and they have been fine, whilst the service manager is a bit non commital at times he always delivers.

My advice is give him a chance to put it right and I am sure he will. Let me know how you get on though please?

Old 31 July 2003, 08:40 AM
SwampSport
Scooby Regular

Will do
Old 31 July 2003, 10:53 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I have had only one dealing with the main dealer in Botley,
happily I can document it as follows:
arranged a service (67.5k) for a saturday, they phoned and cancelled on that saturday morning so I arranged it for the following wednesday, they offered a courtesy car but I asked to go on the ramp first and wait as its only a minor service, arrived at 8.15 ish, left at 10 ish, free coffee and a laugh with the lady behind service (Caroline??), the gentleman was a little offish but nothing too unreasonable as too upset me. (he is the folicly challanged one BTW). Mechanic comes out to speak to me direct about my car and ask for the lock nut to take the O/S rear wheel off as the handbrake is too high, I dont have it but go away happy enough, knowing a revisit is due quite quickly.
Manage to get back friday lunch time, they offer to fit me in but tell me its gonna be two hours on the ramp (my wallet was groaning!), they give me a forester to pi$s-off in and will call me when its done.
Anyhoo, about 4ish its ready so I hot foot it back to Botley and get my car and it feels great, the handbrake is soooo positive in action now and it feels better at idle.
total bill (gulp).
service £120 incl.
Second visit for work, £18.06
they apologised for messing me about on the first service and cancelling and asked for eighteen quid, I paid and ran out the door in *new polo* style.
balance of things????
pretty good I would say, will use again.
baldy chap was ok but a bit too arrogant, girlie was cool and mechanic type was cool also.

Speak to Jamie Mac for a contrast tho....

[Edited by Peanuts - 7/31/2003 10:54:52 AM]
Old 01 August 2003, 07:35 AM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

Get them to sort everything and never go back, worst dealers I've been to. Parts and sales seem fine its just service. They look after your car until its 'old' then they dont give a sh*t and **** it up for you. (MY02 with 30K is 'old')

They still got the paint ******* car wash? I Think not, wonder why that it??????

IMHO they are a problem waiting to happen.
Old 01 August 2003, 07:08 PM
SwampSport
Scooby Regular

Finally got the car back dinner time today, they have replaced the rear shoes and the brake fluid. It also stops now which is a bit of a bonus!!Dont think i will use them again once the warranty runs out though.
Old 03 August 2003, 02:53 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

Wise decision IMO.
Daz