Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Osbornes Colchester closing..

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2003, 10:54 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else had a letter from them? Got one today informing me they're no longer a subaru franchise as of Oct 1st. So where for servicing in suffolk/north essex now?
Old 25 September 2003, 11:29 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Thumbs up

Haddocks in Colchester

Haven't used them thats who now have the franchise
Old 26 September 2003, 10:35 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yeah, have had my letter from them! They kindly sent it to me, even though i now live down in Crawley!!
Have heard the same roumor that it is going to be Haddocks in Ardleigh.
I lived in Lawford for the best part of my life and have seen Haddocks grow from an olde world type filling station where they had 2 pumps only and they filled up for you!! Have seen it grow into a well respected dealer in the area. A lot of local folk hold Haddocks in high esteem.
Was only back in Lawford visiting my parents this weekend gone and i must admit, i saw no evidence at all that they are going to be selling scoobs!
For those that dont know where it is, it is located on the A137 in Ardleigh about 2 miles out of Colchester!
I am going back to my patents in the middle of October so will see if they have added scoobs to their portfolio!!

Mikey
Old 23 October 2003, 06:56 AM
SHAGGY6603
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Popped in here (Haddocks, Ardleigh)on Fri (17th Oct), but no sign of any Scoobs yet, though there is some building work going on- New showroom next to their Hyundai's maybe?

Anyway , only popped in for some downpipe gaskets, but was told they don't hold ANY parts in stock yet and have to order them in.

Didn't really matter though as the parts geezer nearly had a HEART ATTACK when he saw my MY'97 WRX (Import obviously). Lots of muttering about it not being allowed on the premises etc. To be fair he took my Number and said he'd fax Subaru UK or whoever about getting my gaskets but I ain't heard anything yet and I ain't holding my breath, Looks like a trip down to Extreme Scoobies for me and the rest of the import crowd then!

Shane

[Edited by SHAGGY6603 - 10/23/2003 6:57:03 AM]