Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Prosport & Monks Heath - Good Service !

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2003, 08:53 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Tony, I've just bought a STi4 Type R off pete to turn into a rally car for next year and been in sorting things.
http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000028.html

[Edited by adge - 11/5/2003 8:55:39 PM]
Old 30 October 2003, 03:15 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Took my MY98 UK into Prosport in Didsbury on Monday to replace the heater matrix, expecting to get the car back at the end of the day.

Unfortunately, the replacement part had not arrived due to the postal strikes down south, so they couldn't do the work. Rather than ask me to come back and return their courtesy Ka (which I think was booked out to other customers this week), Peter (the owner) said I could hang on to it to make up for the inconvenience, and he would try to source another part from elsewhere.

He contacted Monks Heath, and got them to order one for him, but they mistakenly put 2 day delivery on it rather than next day, so my car was delayed again, which also puts Prosport out, because I'm hanging on to their courtesy Ka.

Anyway, this morning, I get a phone call from the parts guy at Monks Heath, where I've never been or even phoned, to apologise for the mix up regarding delivery, and stating that they should receive the part from stores Friday morning, whereupon they will personally deliver it to Prosport, and I should hopefully get my car back Friday night.

So although a few problems have delayed the work on my car, I've been kept up to date the whole way through, and inconvenience to me has been minimal (and my fuel bill this week significantly reduced !).

Top marks for customer service, especially Peter at Prosport, although I won't repeat his comments regarding the mail service !!!

Tony
Old 30 October 2003, 04:03 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Reminds me i must get my heater matrix done by Pete soon.... it's getting bloody cold without one . Im on my second one now, not very robust .

Tony.

P.s how much is it to change one now, last time Pete did mine it was 2 years ago so i guess the price has changed a bit now.
Old 30 October 2003, 04:22 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Red face

Mine's been bust for a couple of months, I've only got it done now because a) its really expensive and b) I couldn't see where I was going anymore ! I had to drive with the windows open and no heating !!

As its a dash out job, I'm expecting a bill for around £500 - I think the part is £220ish.

Just had a call off Peter, says he has received the part and is putting the car back together again - says he will work late tonight, and early tomorrow morning to get the job done, there's dedication for you !!

T
Old 30 October 2003, 08:16 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

TN, shouldnt you have been asked to bring the car in once the part was actually in stock? i wouldnt describe it as good service if it took a week to do a job that should have taken a day. id have been on me toes on monday m8..........a week without the scoob fuc that.
Old 31 October 2003, 03:35 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

They had ordered the part and taken delivery, but then found it was damaged, and had to order a replacement, which got caught up in the Royal Mail strike.

Just got the car back, all sorted, you'd never know the whole dash had been out. They also fixed the vibration in the steering column - I though it was something loose around the steering lock, but it turned out to be the heatshield was loose and vibrating against the bottom of the steering column.

Top marks to Peter and Giles !

Tony
Old 05 November 2003, 12:05 AM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Glad to see your cars back together, after seeing it in a pile of bits, thought it must have been some real major problem until pete said it was just the heater, didn't realise how big a job replacing the heater matrix is.
Think I might change mine while the dash is out.
Mind you a mate had to take the dash out this weekend to replace the heater matrix on his Pug 306.
Old 05 November 2003, 10:51 AM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Adge, what were you in for (!) ? Which car was yours ? Never actually saw mine while it was gutted, not sure I'd want to either.

The lads have done a good job, I'm especially pleased the steering column vibration has gone, back in next week for a service and geometry alignment.

T
Old 05 November 2003, 02:38 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member
Tony you may very well see mine in there next week red MY93 WRX going in for gearbox out steering rack and O2 sensor
Old 05 November 2003, 03:20 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Red face

Ouch, sounds expensive........!
Old 06 November 2003, 05:59 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I love the way Prosport repair all the little things while they're at it. Mine went in for it's MOT last year and they fixed my gearlever gaiter which had slipped down. Great attention to detail and genuinely nice people.