Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobymania

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2003, 04:41 PM
keja33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Are they having staffing problems at Scoobymania
Finding it very hard to get anybody to answer the phone, answered once this week and was told a picture would be emailed to me, still not got it
Never got any answer to any emails

Not having a go, but this is not like their usually good service
Old 31 October 2003, 11:27 AM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

I am having the same problems mate!
I phoned up a few weeks ago and ordered Defi gauges and pods, was told that they didnt have them in stock but as soon as they came in they would send them out. I have sent a couple of emails to see what the score is and when they think i will get, but havnt had a response!

Mikey
Old 31 October 2003, 12:25 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

We're back to the same thing again I'm afraid chaps.

We haven't forgotten about you, simply the sheer volume of mails and physical workload means that sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day to do all of them.

You should have replies before the end of the day (if we can get through them all), if not and it is a 'pressing' concern, send me a mail on the customer service address on our web site and I'll endeavour to get answers where they have not already been given.

(Or simply phone us).
(0115) 970 8555

Mike.
Scooby Mania
Old 31 October 2003, 03:33 PM
keja33
Scooby Regular

Thanks for you reply mike as i said i wasnt having a go
Glad to hear that business is booming for you.
Old 31 October 2003, 07:49 PM
john coffey
Scooby Regular

How come you have time to browse Scoobynet and type replies to posts of criticism , but not answer any of your e-mails or pick up the phone?

Old 31 October 2003, 09:55 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

john, its because everyone at s'mania is either touting for new business on here (neglecting customers with legitimate complaints) or, and i quote....
"under a car at the moment so you will have to call back monday"
i will never forget the way i was treated

Scoobymania. Anyone else had their mania?

Scoobymania

TSL / Scoobymania...Thanks for answering emails....not

Scoobymania - unhelpful as ever

Scoobymania

What do I do (ScoobyMania)???

ScoobyMania Problems

[Edited by Kippax - 10/31/2003 10:01:04 PM]
Old 31 October 2003, 11:52 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Smile

This one's easy, because:

a) I don't get the sales@ e.mails, they come on a different machine.

b) Because people who have time to trawl Scoobynet (as one of only MANY BBS's) let me know if there's a thread running that we've missed.

I'll extend my personal thanks at this stage to Kippax for the links above as they clearly tell their own individual stories if you read them.

As for "all of us" being on here "touting for business". I'm the only active Scoobynetter in the company, and look at the time of this particulaer mail!

I have contributed to scoobynet for nearly 5 years now and even helped (financially) to save it from the knackers yard.

Scoobynet relaunch sponsors page

Read the threads listed carefully some of them go back to early 2002 but like I say, they make their own respective points quite well I think.

A query has been raised, I've answered it but whichever way it's done, there's no way to placate (a small minority) of people who bear malice or grudges? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <shrug>

Mike.
Scooby Mania

Old 01 November 2003, 09:39 AM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

mike, people only bear grudges for reasons.
Old 01 November 2003, 11:15 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ease up Kippax.
Mike runs a business and it is true to say he has the best of intentions at all times as the business depends on it in the long run.
It is true to say that Mike probably needs to employ someone full time to answer emails and the like - but thats down to him.
I have used Scoobymania on 3 occasions, one of which had problems which were sorted to my complete satisfaction
Old 01 November 2003, 01:34 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

brun, if you knew the circumstances you would not have posted that
Old 01 November 2003, 02:06 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Maybe he does know the circumstances, so did post it?
Old 01 November 2003, 02:52 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
<Brun - decides to sit on wall >
But previous post still applies
Old 01 November 2003, 08:01 PM
john coffey
Scooby Regular

This one's easy, because:
a) I don't get the sales@ e.mails, they come on a different machine.
You either need to get your office networked or withdraw the e-mail option on the website.
Old 01 November 2003, 11:03 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Huh, we get literally hundreds of e.mails a week, if replies don't get out fast enough or the odd one is inadvertantly missed, that doesn't mean we need to re-organize anything.

We listen when things go wrong and change stuff where it is *clearly* not working... with the amount of mail we get and the amount of background work it generates collectively there is no evidence to warrant changing anything drastically at this time.

You can please all of the people some of the time.... some of the people all of the time..... Etc. Etc.

We will endeavour to do our very best, and where expectations are realistic, I'm sure people will be happy these are the masses that have nothing to complain about so don't come on here and make a statement to that effect. In the isolated instances when we fail, it will not be out of malice or indifference.

Mike
Scooby Mania

Old 01 November 2003, 11:53 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Mike, cheers for letting us know about the situation! Will wait with excitement for my Defis etc!!

Mikey
Old 02 November 2003, 09:49 AM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Mike, well said.
I've used scoobymania on quite a few occasions and have never had any problems with them.
a back box, gauges and pod suppplied and fitted, oil changes, filters, sti nozzles, just to name a few.

All companies get bad press on scoobynet including the few that everyone raves about. It just seems that scoobymania gets singled out more than others, and i personally think thats wrong, they do a lot of good work for the scooby community and are always willing to help out with advice and technical information.

Kevin
Old 02 November 2003, 04:08 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

It just seems that scoobymania gets singled out more than others
and why do you think that is kevin?

Maybe he does know the circumstances, so did post it?
mike, i dont remember telling brun, do you?
Old 05 November 2003, 10:12 AM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

mike, you seem to have chosen to ignore my question like you do customer complaints? i asked you if you'd discussed this matter with brun? i would consider it inappropriate if you had. you'll be telling me brun works at scoobymania next.

you could have settled this a long time ago with an apology. it wont go away.

Old 05 November 2003, 10:56 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I have discussed your matter with no-one. Maybe you would like to start a new thread outlining the circumstances surrounding your complaint? I will then reply to that in a fitting manner. The original thread (this one) that you hi-jacked was dealt with satisfactorily some while back I believe.

Brun is nothing at all to do with Scooby Mania. (nor is any other contributor on this BBS).
The point I was alluding to was that after reading all the threads you had posted, that he (or indeed anyone really) could clearly see that we are not as bad as your bitterness would like us to be seen.

We are not perfect and I am disappointed that you think you were so aggrieved given the circumstances of your "issue". I will not highlight those, that is your liberty.

That is not how I hope that customers should be left feeling but there's only so far we can go with a degree of reasonableness.
Feel free to comment further on this thread, I think I've said all that can be said already.

If you still feel aggrieved, send me a personal formal complaint and I will review the matter again. We get so many E. mail enquiries (on the sales@ address) that they are archived prior to January 2003 and I don't know how to retrieve them but I'm sure I can get at them to review things.

Mike.
Scooby Mania