Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

David Hendry Cars - experiences of warranty please!

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2005, 02:32 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Hendry Cars - experiences of warranty please!

as above really. I'm interested find out how David Hendry Cars is rated and how good there warranty cover is on the JDM's. Answers on the back of a postcard please...........
Old 11 April 2005, 03:22 PM
Tasberley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pippyrips
as above really. I'm interested find out how David Hendry Cars is rated and how good there warranty cover is on the JDM's. Answers on the back of a postcard please...........
hiya ... we bought our sti type r ver 5 last year from them. Really good service and warranty hasnt been a problem what soever. I would highly recommend them.
Old 11 April 2005, 05:38 PM
miles25
Scooby Regular

My first scooby (MY95) came from them as well. Never had any problems with them concerning sale, service or warranty issues
Old 11 April 2005, 07:49 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

i bought my scoob from them last year and i must admit i never got a valet after a service, but not a bad service after all.

a fellow scooby owner had an engine rebuild a few months ago and he was not impressed what so ever, he left the car with then in a very clean state and they returned it dirty.
He spent nearly four and a half grand with them and not even a valet or even a stamp for a service.

end of rant.......................lol so heir

Last edited by speedystu; 13 April 2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12 April 2005, 12:52 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

hmm - a mixed bag then!
Old 12 April 2005, 03:33 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

very mixed, .

Last edited by speedystu; 13 April 2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12 April 2005, 04:34 PM
Andrew Hendry
Scooby Newbie

Dear All

After reading the above thread I feel moved to post a reply, as I believe some of the accusations made against are very questionable.

As service manager of David Hendry Cars I have checked our service work listings & we have not completed any engine rebuilds in the region of £4500 in the last 5 months (not looked back further but could do if required).

Also we always valet any vehicles after major repairs & whenever possible after every service. It could be possible that the vehicle was ready for collection & cleaned on the expected collection day but if not collected within a few days & without prior notice it could have become externelly unclean due to rain & dust. In the past we have had to clean some vehicles 2-3 times if the customer is unable to collect.

It is not normal procedure to stamp a service book after an engine build as a service has not occurred & other safety items have not been thoroughly checked.

For example if we stamped a 30000 service space that would indicate items like brake fluid, gearbox oil & diff oil had been replaced. We do not have a problem recording an engine build if requested & our invoices are fully detailed & held on computer file if required.

We do not mind people having opinions regarding our service level but when quoting in a thread accuracy would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andrew Hendry - Service Manager / David Hendry Cars

Trending Topics

Old 12 April 2005, 06:45 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info all - i'm soon be be an owner of a dhc supplied sti with 2 years of warranty left. I must be fair to subaru uk i have had nothing but excellent experiences with their warranty. Having had a new clutch, front disks, rebuilt and modified gearbox, and 2 wheel barrings fixed without any hesitation while covered by it i would recommend it as a must to all.

Hopefully i will be able to write the same about dhc's warranty in the future as well eh Andrew