Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

keighley trade centre

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2007, 10:18 AM
ozzie01
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keighley trade centre

Anyone on here bought a car from here cos i am lookin at buyin a 94/95 impreza off these and just after some feedback before i buy my first impreza
Old 27 July 2007, 10:21 AM
ozzie01
Scooby Newbie

ignore the other thread clicked twice, nevermind
Old 27 July 2007, 10:35 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try the search, do you know what you are lookin at/for? take an expert along.
Old 27 July 2007, 11:08 AM
Flix
Scooby Regular

I looked at some cars there and thought that most were rough examples, and the salesman was not interested at all.
After doing a search on here I found that most people said to avoid them at all costs.
I eventually bought from WSIMPORTS, based near Leyburn. They deal mainly in standard cars and were very helpful and had loads of time for me.
I would certainly use them again. Check them out on,

WS Imports LTD
Old 27 July 2007, 11:13 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do believe they have an extremely bad reputation .

keighley trade sports and performance [Archive] - ScoobyNet

Use the search and type in 'keighley trade centre' for more results
Old 27 July 2007, 12:13 PM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

not the best place from what ive read on here the last 12 months

jim
Old 27 July 2007, 12:25 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

They do get quite a few bad reviews... I know a few people that have bought decent cars from there but you do need to know exactly what you are looking at and know your stuff
Old 27 July 2007, 02:59 PM
billybenton
Scooby Regular

hi fella,
i phoned em up and arranged to go up for a look round.travelled up from rotherham.from first glance looked ok plenty of motors in stock thought be a good chance to test drive diff modles of scoobs. spoke to guy told him got a pocket full of cash to buy a scoob.told me to feel free look round.had a walk round and noticed a lot of cars were not in good condition at all.found a decent lookin sti 555 and asked for keys to look round.got well stroppy.too busy texting on bloody phone!anyway got in car started up sounded sweet really interested.asked dude if i could take car out for test drive.bloody hell thought id asked if i could **** in his snap box! started goin on bout tyre kickers boy racers ect.i showed him large some of cash in bag still no chance of test drive.at this point started to get the old dander up and asked if he expected people to buy cars without test drivin? just started walkin off! anyway mrs interveened and dragged me away! bad day pmt dont know but do a search mate im not the only one to have negative oppinion. bought my v3 sti from jap performance in bradford prices top end but shaban is a top guy and will be flexible.good service and polite to the customer. watch his driving though!
Old 27 July 2007, 04:39 PM
lem6
Scooby Regular

i went there once.......never again!
Old 27 July 2007, 05:32 PM
988wrx
Scooby Regular

most cars i`ve looked at there are a complete dogs dinner, some are so obviously clocked. went to go and have a look at a evo 5 and although it looked gorgeous on the online photo i was soooo disappointed when i had a closer look in the flesh, bodywork and bumpers were a right mess and front bumper was seriously cracked, car odeometer read 37,000km but the seat bolsters and foot pedals were so worn i think they must have had knocked 200,000km off the speedo clock.

It seems they employ about 5 lads just to polish the cars and paint the tyres black, don`t think they bother with the mechanical side of things

The icing on the cake was the drilled holes in the doors just above the door locks where the car had obviously been stolen.

The clowns that own this garage are a complete joke and I wouldn`t trust them as far as i could throw them stay well away

Last edited by 988wrx; 27 July 2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 27 July 2007, 06:10 PM
wagonstimark
Scooby Regular

hi, been to keighley trade for a look round ,plenty of cars but they abit rough.
Ended up buying mine from jap performance in bradford ,the cars he has in stock are alot lot better ,nice fella too.
Old 27 July 2007, 10:20 PM
ozzie01
Scooby Newbie

I've been up once before cos i'm livin in Dinnington near rotherham and they had a few nice ones but i was lookin for mr2 turbo at the time, I'll probably take my uncle cos he works in Bodyshop at Monty's in sheffield. All i want is a standard 1994 1995 WRX import and i've got a Y plate leon turbo to part x. I was just after some feedback cos i didn't want to get burned
Old 28 July 2007, 12:00 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

had a similair experience to Billy Benton.

Went up there to look at a Forester and when I got there got the brush off from the biggest bone idol fek I have ever seen. Think he'd have needed all his energy to drag his fat **** out of the chair and when I asked for a test drive got told "Why you need take test drive, its good car, you want buy now?"

Had a lengthy conversation but wouldnt let me have a test drive. So I left.

Ended up buying a JDM Forester from these : Welcome to Japanese Imports (Essex)

Very professional, even picked me up from the train station and let me drive the car to the garage when I went to pick it up.
Old 28 July 2007, 12:44 AM
ozzie01
Scooby Newbie

okay then, any good expeiriences here or where would you recommend me to go, they're must be some positives
Old 28 July 2007, 08:44 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Do a Google search for them. The first page of results consists of their website followed by various forums with people who have had bad experiences.
Old 28 July 2007, 12:02 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted on the other thread by accident, but see the same answers have been given with a little less tact that I personally showed

j
Old 30 July 2007, 11:28 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzie01
okay then, any good expeiriences here or where would you recommend me to go, they're must be some positives

erm , your not getting the message fella

seriously stay away. if anyone on here finds a positive, im sure youll be the first to know. however, i wouldnt hold your breath.
Old 31 July 2007, 01:55 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

put it this way everytime I see a thread started with their name I have good read to see what the jokers have done this time.
No offence meant to people who have been done by them.

By all accounts they should have been shut down years ago.
Old 31 July 2007, 07:20 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

It amazes me how these guys are still in business. The amount of negative posts and threads about these guys is shocking.

People are obviously buying cars from this place for them to be able to keep trading..
Old 01 August 2007, 08:30 AM
Steptoe
Scooby Regular

I bought an astra gsi from this lot a few years ago,little bit rough round the edges but i thought "it'll tidy up" so i bought it.
Driving back home,exhaust started blowing and 'check coolant level' popped up on trip computer.Topped it up with god knows how much water and got it home.
Turns out head gasket was on its way and would cost about £650 to sort.
Phoned them up next day and explained what was what but they werent interested at all.
To cut an extremely long story short,it ended up with trading standards involved.
They coughed up eventually,but only about £450 as they reckoned thats how much they could get it done for.
So my advice,STAY WELL CLEAR! The motors they have are crap and the warranties aren't worth the paper there written on.

Oh,and the oil pump failed about 2 weeks after id got the head gasket done!
Old 02 August 2007, 09:52 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

the above is all good advice.
The reason they are still in business and continue to sell cars is because they are cheap.
People want a bargain and they will often overlook certain short comings in the name of money saved.
if you take along someone who knows their onions and are prepared to do a bit of tarting up (or like me you have low standards ) then a bargain can be had, but go in with your eyes wide open and an expert.
Old 05 August 2007, 02:20 PM
jaminrat
Scooby Regular

i was looking to go up here , but certainly wont be now !
Old 05 August 2007, 04:40 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

stay well away. rite dodgy lot