Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

help I need a type VI sti RA

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2002, 10:59 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone recommend a decent importer that will bring in a type V or VI ra. I have heard that this vehicle and all type 5 and 6 sti`s will not get through the SVA because they fail the euro 3 emmisions test?
can anyone recommend a reliable importer I am looking at
futurautos
anyone had experience with them
PS my WRX is for sale
Old 13 March 2002, 11:09 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Hi Gravelexpress,

Im in the same boat as you. Looking for sti 6 type r v-ltd. I have spoken to futurautos who are BIMTA approved dealers. Bimta dealers provide a certificate of authenticity regarding the cars history therefore guaranteeing that its not stolen. Appart from that, futurautos require a MINIMUM of £1000 to start a search for a car. My arguement is what if it takes months on end to find a car? Does he keep the money?? If he does find a car to your spec you have to pay the cars value upfront and the remainder when it arrives. Do you want to part with £17000 without even having a logbook proving that its yours?????

Rgrds

Gez
Old 14 March 2002, 09:07 AM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Gez,

You can't have your cake and eat it.

You can't honestly expect an importer that buys to order to just buy cars cos' people want them.

Only takes a couple of people to back out and all of a sudden you've got xxxk tied up in cars you may not want. And people do all the time. You need to pay a deposit for the same reason, so many time wasters.

£1000 is about right, just make sure it's refundable if they can't find a suitable in a suitable time period.

You can't get a log book until the car is registered, a reciept would do surely. Every other purchase you make it will suffice why not a car?

If you don't like the idea of paying up front go buy a car from a UK garage and pay thousands more.

Basically:
Buy direct from Japan = Save money, but buy a car unseen and pay upfront
Buy in UK = More money but get to see the car before paying.

Each has a downfall, it seems you want the positives of both without the negative of either.

Matt.