Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scobysport

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2002, 05:03 PM
Keithp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Yesterday I bought which I thought in good faith was a centre section for my new uk sti, I phoned at 10 am and placed an order for it, paid over the phone and was verbally promised next day delivery, as Im away with the local gang for a blast around all weekend. No problems envisaged, until today, well infact until half past four this afternoon. Thinking it should be here by now etc... So I phone them, only to be told that it has been sold to someone else at two yesterday afternoon who bought a full system.

This absolutely takes the pi55, we have a business and this is not how things work, I thought Scoobysport had a great reputation, and could be trusted not to make such a monumental error. Is this the policy of Scoobysport whoever pays the most money gets the best parts and priority?

Old 28 March 2002, 05:09 PM
Kempo
Scooby Regular

Keith,
I agree with you - have only ever heard good things about Scooby sport, in fact I want to get hold of a downpipe from them very soon, but to sell something out from under you sounds very out of order.

I would not expect that from any company regardless of product or reputation. What have they said regarding fulfilment of your order?

It sounds like they have made a big mistake and I would have thought should try to rectify it asap!

Paul
Old 28 March 2002, 05:10 PM
LeighJ
Scooby Regular

KeithP,

I had the same problem with said company, only trying to get an air filter, two weeks of, it's been sent, on it's way, it's in the car. Then, oh no sorry, we haven't got any. I to was a little suprised. TSL had one to me the following morning, as promised! I was going to order a SS downpipe, the TSL is now at the top of the list.

Leigh
Old 28 March 2002, 05:17 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

never used scoobysport so can't really comment, but think it's rather bad form that a part you had ordered had been sold to someone else, especially as you were, albeit verbally, promised it next day. Does not sound very professional and not something one would expect from a company with such a good reputation as scoobysport.

no doubt Pete will post up his comments on this when he sees the thread.

Old 28 March 2002, 05:17 PM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I too recently ordered a SS downpipe and was told I would receive it the next working day only to be told three days later that they were infact out of stock, a phone call would have been nice.

[Edited by Jake - 3/28/2002 5:19:07 PM]
Old 28 March 2002, 05:24 PM
Keithp
Scooby Regular

Jake,

I totally agree, I wouldnt be so annoyed if they had kept me informed, major lack of communication going on by the sound of things. My part should be here on Wednesday, so we will see......
Old 28 March 2002, 05:26 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

Now lets hear all the good points.
I found them to be very helpfull and love their system.
I have just rang them and have been booked in to have my old box fitted to the new Sti 7.
Old 28 March 2002, 05:32 PM
Keithp
Scooby Regular

mccltd,

Im sure there are lots of satisfied customers out there, but that is not the point of this thread, I for sure am not one of them, thanks for all the support.
Old 28 March 2002, 05:46 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Same : all i've ever heard is praise for them, must be a genuine mistake.

P.S. If you would like me to take back the centre section they sold me yesterday, i dont mind waiting till they get more in stock. Just Joking.

Bad for business, but its not life threatening is it? just a mistake.
Old 28 March 2002, 06:51 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I read the above with some interest and I fully support KeithP on his point of view. It is not about all the happy customers out there and it would appear that it is just not me who has received a very poor service from Scoobysport (SS)

I picked up my Prodrive Sti at 6.30 pm on 31st Jan and it was planned that the car should be delivered to me with a complete SS exhaust system already installed by the dealer. In fact, the exhaust should have been delivered to the dealer that same afternoon, having being ordered the previous morning on my behalf.
SS did informed me that they had a complete exhaust system from the turbo back in stock for my pending new car, ready for next day delivery. This in fact was the main reason I placed my order with SS in the first instance, as Falkland Performance (Scotland) were still waiting on Magnex to develop their system. SS then failed several times to fulfil their commitment to me. In fact, after 15 days of being "led by the nose" with nothing more than empty promises and listening to the exhaust supplier and the express delivery company being blamed, I found myself still waiting on parts and so promptly returned the exhaust system for a complete refund. (I must add that I was not impressed with the poor workmanship of the particular exhaust I had received either)

However, the one positive thing during all this mess was that the car did sound glorious with the SS exhaust. It did go much better that two standard Sti’s, which I was lucky enough to be on the track with at a Subaru Press Day out, but the fit did leave a lot to be desired and it was touching at a couple of places. I understand now that SS have revised the hangers on the rear BB, due to the poor fitting. I never did get to fit the down pipe, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise, when you read all the over boost problems Sti owners are having with fully de-catted cars on Scoobynet.

My car now has a Magnex rear system supplied and fitted by Falkland Performance Centre. I am waiting on the Magnex down pipe, which the people at Power Station have been helping to develop. The Magnex fits like a glove due to proper having hangers the same as the original equipment…and sounds is damn good too. Falkland Performance Centre, from whom it was not easy to take my business away from, (when I ordere the SS system) heavily modified my last UK spec MY99 Impreza. This included engine upgrade, suspension upgrade, brake upgrade, short shift upgrade, complete exhaust system upgrade and all consumable parts required. As I move forward with my Prodrive Sti, I will stay where I know I get no BS, only straight talk and proper service.

I wish Scoobysport no harm and will let sleeping dogs lie. They have done marvellous things with the cars we all love so much, but, and it’s a big but, they must realise that what goes around comes around...and they simply need to take care of business better. No point in having a good product if the service simply doesn’t add up;
In my experience, not all the happy customers in the world will make as much noise as a handful of Pi55ed off ones and there have been enough threads on here lately to demonstrate that not all are entirely satisfied with the service they have (or not, as the case may be) received from Scoobysport.

[Edited by Jools - 3/28/2002 6:53:50 PM]
Old 28 March 2002, 07:03 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Moving to Dealer and third party queries. This is will be a more appropriate place for this to get resolved.

Old 28 March 2002, 10:56 PM
Mark icp uk
Scooby Newbie

I have only one experience with SS ordered a rear spoiler for a customer for his 02 Sti and I got told 6 weeks wait no problem the customer was in no rush however it took 9 weeks I had already ordered another one from someone else in the mean time as my customer was getting peed of to say the least so I thought I would keep it on stock but they did not use my credit card till it was in stock which I had to phone to find out if it was in but on delivery it was the worst piece of c—p I have ever seen a £26,000 car destroyed by a piece of fibre glass peppered with imperfections and with the lowest quality carbon finish I have ever seen .So I phoned up to return the said item no problems there sent it back at my exspense expecting my credit card to get refunded only to get my credit card statement through 2 weeks later still not credited phoned up again and the reply that’s disgusting will do it straight away so I wait to see.

I run a business I know about been busy but hey a customer is a customer and they deserve respect, as it is they who keep you going so I say pull ya socks up lads or you will loose your respect you seem to have around the Scooby community.
Old 03 April 2002, 09:24 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I ordered a set of locking wheel nuts and a pair of HID spotlamps from Scoobysport in January.

The locking wheel nuts arrived after a couple of phone calls, but they where for an Isuzu therefore a lot longer than the standard nuts. I returned them for a refund 28/01, delivered and signed for 29/01, but despite a phone call and a fax still no refund.

The HID spotlamps never turned up despite various promises.

I don't know why Scoobysport seem to be experiencing these problems recently, in the past I have had a couple of orders with no problems.

I have since ordered products from TSL who have given me excellent service.

E.
Old 06 April 2002, 09:02 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Guys I have been out at meetings this week, so haven't been able to reply until now.

Demand for our products has become huge and we have indeed been a victim of our own success. After having geared all of our suppliers up last summer, to cope with demand, I am now having to do the same again. Internally, I have taken on another senior technician in the workshop, who comes with excellent vehicle electrics skills (something that we have been lacking) and is also qualified MOT tester. Matt brings extensive main dealer experience and starts on Monday. I have also taken on someone to work along side Paul on telephone sales and office admin. This is our first female employee and I'm sure she will keep us all on our toes. Jo starts in the middle of April.

I am also looking to hire an office junior, who will help Paul and Jo with dispatch.

Despite everything that we do, sometimes we get let down.

When we do get let down, you be sure that we are not sitting around doing nothing about it. Whether it is TNT that have not delivered next day, or a supplier that has not supplied on time.

With regard to the phones, I don't know the answer. Outside of the Subaru world, companies like us are setting up premium rate lines where you pay £1 a minute for technical help. Although at least 50% of our calls are for technical help we will never charge for this service. It is sometimes frustrating explaining how to fit a product supplied by a competitor, because it didn't have any instructions and the customer can only get their answer machine during "office hours", but we do it all the same. It is even more frustrating when we consider that our own customers are probably getting fed up with an engaged tone, whilst we help the caller.

Having been out for 3 days, I know what its like as even I could not get through at times.

We are permanently trying to improve everything that we do and you can be sure that we are doing our best to provide the service you expect.

Old 06 April 2002, 11:04 AM
pmortlock
Scooby Regular

sounds good
Old 07 April 2002, 08:51 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

Wink

i find it annoying when all you get is an engaged tone but the advice and help is excellant when you do get through
Old 08 April 2002, 09:34 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Pete,

How about free tech calls to people who buy stuff from you but redirect other people to a premium number line? Say 50p a minute or something?

cheers,

greg
Old 16 April 2002, 11:57 AM
fmimpreza
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Hi Pete,

sounds very good...BUT:

My order for scoobysport parts is now pending over 4 MONTHS! and at least I have stopped counting the "It will be shipped at the end of this week..."-statements.

You can't imagine what a lot of trouble we had in putting off our customers with empty promises here in Germany.

I am sorry that I have to write over this topic in this BBS...but for a lot of frustrated impreza-drivers the re-organization of Scoobysport seems to come to late.

Frank