Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

mapping from a DTA

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2002, 08:04 PM
harbering1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have download my map from my car.(my98 vf23 DTA ECU)
The man who mapped my car is gone his telefoon is dead.
The car had on a dyno 315 hp and 410 NM.
You can download the software from
http://www.dtafast.co.uk

the map
www.extreme-machines.nl/guests/harbering/555TUR4.MAP

and what do you think of the map of the car
Regards
Pascal

[Edited by harbering1 - 12/27/2002 8:05:56 PM]
Old 27 December 2002, 08:55 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

What is the problem with the car, as the map probably wont mean much to some here as I dont think the DTA has been used much over here with a subaru.
I am using the DTA on another car, but it doesnt really have much relevance to a Subaru.
The link for the map may work better like this, so that people can use actually use it.

right click and save as name 555TUR4

For software just go to the DTA website.
DTA

I dont really have any subaru maps to compare to from other ecus, but the ignition timing seems very flat at around 30 deg for most of the map.
Full throttle is also flat at around 28 deg, albeit with up to a 24% reduction on the map value for up to 1.0-1.2 bar boost.
I cant really say anything about the fuelling as I have no means of comparison, so the numbers in the map mean little to me and there is again pressure compensation added to the base map numbers.
It also seems strange that the map only goes to 7000rpm, yet the rev limit is set at 7500rpm???

Boost pressure seems to be set at 0.8 bar dropping to 0.6 at 7000rpm, assuming the ecu is controlling the boost??? with a boost cut at 1.5 bar, even though the map sensor settings seem a little odd.... 200kpa @ 5v ??

Id be interested to know if anyone makes a wiring loom for the subaru to plug in, as if they did, Id happily buy one and try my ecu out on my car.
What sort of crank trigger was made up for your car?

I hope some of the above bears some relevance to people mapping subarus to comment.

[Edited by ustolemyname??stevieturbo - 12/27/2002 9:10:28 PM]
Old 27 December 2002, 09:42 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting software and map but difficult to comment for the reasons Steve gave. The ignition map in particular looks very flat - the det point on mine moves about 8 degrees between 4000 and 7000 RPM and my car is not such a different spec to yours. However, with an ECU I am not used to and a 24% compensation for boost that Steve noticed it is difficult to know exactly what you are going to get. Can you do any data logging of RPM, injector pulse width or duty cycle, lambda, ignition BTDC, throttle position and boost (with units) and any knock display and we might be able to comment more?
Old 28 December 2002, 04:13 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

If it is the same ecu as mine, and not an older version, then datalogging is an option.
Injector pulse width ( time ), air temp, water temp, throttle pos, MAP, and Lambda can be logged.
For some reason it does not include ignition timing, which isnt very nice.

The software is very easy to use, but there are pressure compensations due to it being a TPS vs RPM sytem as opposed to a MAP vs RPM system.
Newer versions of the software do have an option for MAP to be the main load paramater, but I dont really think the ecu has enough map resolution to use it on a turbocharged car. The current TPS systems seems to work anyway.

If you look at the pressure compensation for fuel, you will see that it too rises quite considerably with boost. ( This is based on pressure calculations i cant remember, but DTA say not to modify this. Not sure I agree with them. Basically it will give 100% more fuel, at 1 bar and so on )
Injector pulse widths are what are used on the main fuel map, and full throttle basically sees it rise from approx 9.3ms @ 3000rpm to 10.4 @ 6000rpm. dropping to 10.1 at 7000rpm.
So with the addded boost, you could add around 80% to those numbers.

It does seem unlikely however, that on 0.8 bar ( max )that the ecu is supposed to be controlling the boost at, that the map supplied considering ignition timing etc would give 310 bhp??
What boost pressure is the car actually running??
Old 28 December 2002, 11:06 PM
harbering1
Scooby Regular

there is no problem with the car it`s very fast.
A friend of mine has a sub with a vf23 and his ecu is mapped
(ecutek).on the road my car is a litle bit faster.
The boost is not controled by the ecu i have 1.25 bar of boost.

The guy who mapped my car used the front of a broken ecu

I think here is the crank trigger?

model DTA

[Edited by harbering1 - 12/28/2002 11:18:12 PM]