Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

:confused: blitz sus filter or aps high flow intake system anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2003, 05:40 PM
Mitch P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone got blitz sus filter or aps cold air intake system on a new age? Any problems with the maf? Is it best to wait for ecu upgrade before changing induction?
Old 30 January 2003, 07:08 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

You don't need to wait for a ECU remap to change the induction method really (the MAF should be able to meter the different air flow & continue to fuel correctly, within reason!), but personally I wouldn't go near the Blitz - it's filtering has been noted as 'iffy' by to many people for my likings; I'd stay clear of the APS without a complete remap - despite the fact it works very well, it changes the airflow around the MAF so the MAF cannot meter correctly & the engine will be running very lean (approximate 25% reduction in fuel, I believe).
Another one I'd avoid while still using a MAF is the HKS mushroom - it filters well, but the MAFs are fussy bu66ers & the HKS has been known to goo them up a little...

K&N is remarkably reliable. I don't think I've ever heard of one that has caused a problem, filtering-wise, goo-release wise, air-flow-wise nor generally destroying the MAF. It would be my choice for a MAF based ECU, anyway

[Edited by nom - 1/30/2003 7:09:25 PM]
Old 30 January 2003, 07:41 PM
Mitch P
Scooby Regular

Yeah thanks for the reply.I was thinking of going the induction hog because in the future I am hoping to go for ecu upgrade. I've read alot about itg filters, some rate some slate, maybe I'll look into JR filters. Then it's just to convince the wife that it's what she really wants.