Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhaustive research ... phew

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2003, 10:26 AM
rosswalker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking for a similar set up hecently. After selling mu Bliz NUR Spec. I believe the most restrictive part of the exhaust is the OE D/Pipe. So for real performance gains you heed to replace this with either a sports catted D/Pipe or straight through D/Pipe. I had two systems in mind: APS full system with sports cat, or the Graham Goode system with sports cat. Both are supposed to give real performance gains but not alot louder than OE system. In the end I ordered the Graham Goode System. It should be arriving today so I will post the results soon!
Old 31 January 2003, 10:38 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Having had just a PPP BB on a MY99 and now a WRSport BB on MY02 - both with no other mods - I would say the PPP BB was louder when you boot it compared to the WRSprt. But the WRSport gives a better burble (deeper) on idle.

I had both with no prob and my kids (2 and 6) grew up with them both - me an my boy thought the PPP one was best as it appeared louder !

T.
Old 31 January 2003, 10:54 AM
nom
Scooby Senior

For quiet, but still a nice sound, the Remus is good (and cheap! - around £160 new). Not as free flowing as the old Scoobysport & the like, but barely noticeable unless having a major hack.
For a good compromise, the TSL 'standard' (their old one, which I think they still make) is a very good compromise - slightly splattery sort of noise which is quite cool, but the least droney of all I've tried (which is quite a few!). I'd put that one at the top of your list, myself. Might even have one up for sale shortly, depending on how my latest project goes...
Old 31 January 2003, 11:29 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've had the Remus twin 90mm tailpipe with decat centre and OE DP,
and currently have full decat with PPP backbox.

Verdict?
The first set up had a deeper burble, not noisey on normal driving,
v.nice sound. I only changed the BB 'cause the Remus isn't stainless throughout. You can have it for not much money if you want.
The second is deeper than OE, but totally unobtrusive....and I'm sticking with it

P.S I've a classic wagon & a 6 month old kid!!

[Edited by Hong Kong Phooey - 1/31/2003 11:30:52 AM]