Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Hesitation / Misfire ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2003, 06:00 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
On my My01 I have a problem.

When I accellerate I get hesitaion between 2000 & 3500 rpm, worse when cold. I have noticed too that on WOT when warm the hesitation is not as bad but it feels down on boost.

I also have problems on occasions starting ie. having to turn over for longer than usual. Any ideas... the dealer has it tomorrow but I would like to prepare for the shock..

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05 March 2003, 11:28 AM
AliG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fizz I have EXACTLY the same problem on my MY93 WRX and have been reading through the BBS to get ideas and started hopefully but on investigation this seems to a common problem with no common solutions and segestions of different faults on every thread I read including coil packs, lambda sensor, MAF, plugs, coolent temp sensor, sticking boost solenoid etc etc etc

so althought this is not much help it might save you a wasted search or too. please update us as to what happens as you might guess I would be very intersted

Cheers Ali G
Old 05 March 2003, 07:48 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

When I accellerate I get hesitaion between 2000 & 3500 rpm, worse when cold. I have noticed too that on WOT when warm the hesitation is not as bad but it feels down on boost.
I also have problems on occasions starting ie. having to turn over for longer than usual
FWIW, it is unlikely this is lambda related due to the fact that the problems are largely when cold. Also, I don't think the lambda would have a significant effect on boost levels, and I assume you have no boost gauge to keep an eye on things??

However, the fact that it occurs at a specific rev range points to a lean spot which could well be either lambda or MAF related. As for the lack of starting, I certainly don't think this is lambda related.
Old 05 March 2003, 07:50 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

FWIW, it is unlikely this is lambda related due to the fact that the problems are largely when cold. Also, I don't think the lambda would have a significant effect on boost levels, and I assume you have no boost gauge to confirm this suspicion??

However saying that, the fact that it occurs at a specific rev range points to a lean spot which could well be either lambda or MAF related. When combined with the lack of starting, I certainly don't think this fault is lambda related.
What about the obvious stuff like HT leads??