Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Short RAM intake & Hi Flow CAT

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2003, 02:42 PM
glynieboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the scooby world but would like to mod my Subrau Impreza. The car is a non turbo Japanese MY00 Impreza (new age) which I believe is the same as the sport in the UK. I did read in a thread that the Japanese non turbos have a different engine to the UK sports when moded can come close to the standard UK turbo.

Anway my question is regarding intakes and cat's. I cant get hold of COBB, K&N induction kits for my car due to it being Japanese/New Age & Non turbo! I have managed to find a company called japseed racing based in Southampton who can help me out. This is what they can provide:

A short ram intake (custom built) and a hi flow cat for £681 inc vat and fitting.

The have also given me the option for a short ram intake (custom built) and a de-cat pass through for £417 inv vat and fitting. He also said he can remove the passthrough for £25 on MOT day!

I was told that the short ram intakes are a lot better then the standard under bonnet induction kits. Also that you have to be careful with de-cats on the road due to them being illegal and police are clamping down in some areas.

Please could you give me some advice on what the best route is to take. Also do the insurance companys like a de-cat passthrough pipes? I have included individual pricing below on the items (please note that these prices include VAT and fitting plus the induction kit is custom built:

Short Ram Intake £329
Inside Air Intake £211.50
De-Cat passthrough £88.12
Hi Flow Cat £411.25

Cheers Glyn

P.S. If money was no object then i would simply go for the short ram intake with hi flow cat. Well saying that if money was no object I would have a bran new Impreza WRX STI!!!! :-)