Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Carbon canister connections........

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2003, 09:49 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Did a track day with ambients varying between 36 and 39 degrees C last Friday...a good test of the map/mechanicals

After a good 30 minutes of abuse and a couple of cool down laps, I came back in to find petrol/oil mix dripping out the bottom of the carbon canister

It was coming from the centre connection; disconnecting it showed a huge amount of vapour/fluid coming out of this pipe (connects to a metal pipe which goes under inlet manifold). Even with the engine off.

Does anyone know where this connection goes? My spare manifold is away at the moment.

It's never done this before, but maybe I caused it. When I fitted my breather/inlet set-up during winter I moved the canister-inlet connection to be a canister-atmo one, losing vacuum given to this feed on boost.

But I still don't understand why the centre feed was pressurised with the engine off? It must be related to fuel pressure?

Thanks
Richard

PS: don't use self-learn on the AVC-R on track and/or with temps this high; damn thing went crazy after a few laps