Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

ppp'd car in Herts to show me what im missing

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2001, 11:09 PM
matt b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

am new to scooby ownership and after a fiat coupe 20v turbo am a bit underwhelmed by the performance (228lb/ft vs 214). that kind of comment will probably get me thrown out of this site but i will say that the scoobies handling is a completely different league. Reading through some previous notes it seems the PPP is reasonably highly rated but id really like to get a first hand impression before forking out 2K. Does anyone have a PPP'd MY99 or 00 in the watford, Herts area that i could experience to help me take the plunge.
Cheers
Old 07 June 2001, 08:03 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Hi and welcome to scoobynet.

Two ideas spring to mind.

Firstly give your dealer a ring and ask them to get hold of a prodrive demonstrator for you. This way you'll be able to drive it, rather than be a passenger.

Secondly, come along to a meet. Not only will you have a good laugh but you'll be able to gauge a wide range of mods for the car and pick up hints for how to get the most out of what you have.

As for the PPP some comments are here
Old 07 June 2001, 11:41 AM
kwack
Scooby Regular

Matt B

Where you based in Watford, what colour and yesr. Im also based in Watford and have Scoobysport back and mid. Improves the sound somewhat.

Welcome aboard

KWack
Old 08 June 2001, 10:17 AM
matt b
Scooby Regular

Central Watford (sorry to be cagey- park it on the street, paranoid about it getting nicked--good excuse though to floor it and get that rear end squatting round the ring road to lose any following would be professional car thiefs!) is a MY99 on a private plate ELZ... soon to be T628.. in green. all standard at the mo but hopefully will soon be turning spotty teenage heads with a much more burrbley ppp. Much go on in Herts? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by kwack:
<B>Matt B

Where you based in Watford, what colour and yesr. Im also based in Watford and have Scoobysport back and mid. Improves the sound somewhat.

Welcome aboard

KWack[/quote]