Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

5zigen Zorst Systems

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2004, 05:52 PM
chip01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5zigen Zorst Systems

I have been speaking to RC Developments and they have recommended a 5zigen cat back with one of their Decat pipes for the centre, with the view of doing the downpipe at a later time. But I don't know what peoples experiences are with 5zigen and how the compare to Nur spec R systems etc. I would like a system with the back box at an angle a want it as loud as poss. What do you guys think.

RC have said the loudest system they do is the Border 304 max but I have also seen the fireball as on simbs car. Anybody got a border at all?

Thanks in advance chip
Old 25 February 2004, 05:56 PM
chip01
Scooby Regular

By the way I have an STI V5 Type R
Old 25 February 2004, 07:27 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Your obviously going to get a biased comment off me, It's one of the best exhausts i've seen and heard, the quality of the box is fantastic. I can't recommend this system enough. You do however need to be careful as they are bloody loud and hope you have sympathetic neighbours.

If they do a system that's louder than the fireball.....christ!!!!

simb
Old 25 February 2004, 07:57 PM
Blind Side
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up 5 Zigen Backbox

I have one (I think it is the cannon ball) fitted to my Sti 5 Type R. I also have a Blitz Nur Spec hanging up in the garage because it is too raw. The 5 Zigen quality/workmanship and look is outstanding and the sound is hard to beat. The only problem is for some reason they use mild steel 3" pipe at the rear of the box. A good zorst man will be able to cut this off 9when it eventually corrodes) and replace with stainless tig welded pipe bent to fit. I like it so much I have switched it between cars - must be 8 years old and still looks/sounds great.
Old 25 February 2004, 08:45 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I too have a 5Zigen Canonball midsection and backbox. I was asking about these zorsts on here a couple of years ago, to see if anyone else had one. Seemed I was the only one with one of these systems back then, cos no one ever replied. I brought it with me from OZ when I moved to Greece. These zorsts have been doing the rounds in OZ for a long time and have quite a big reputation, hence the reason I bought one.

As far as I know the Fireball is the loudest. The Canonball will give the same power as the Fireball but is quieter. The Canonball is also more expensive for this reason. Best sounding zorst i've heard so far IMHO.
Old 26 February 2004, 10:13 AM
Stonkin
Scooby Regular

Dont fancy selling the nur spec do you blind side?
Old 26 February 2004, 10:36 AM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi my 95 jdm wrx came with a 5ziegen cannonball on i looked in to the co they are well known and known for their quality and the sound is great really compliments the scoob burble greatly.also most jap cars have these exhausts on they are well known in japan.the fireball does look good and is bloody loud i tell ya