Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Turbo XS dumpvalve - off again!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2004, 08:45 PM
Bee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turbo XS dumpvalve - off again!!

Does anyopne else with the Turbo XS dumpvalve have the problem of the feker jumping off the hose after a lets say 'bouncy' drive?

Just back froma run there and the feker jumped off again!!Third time now and I get worried every time!

It's fitted onto my '98 turbo but i can't think of anything that'll make the jubilee clip grab the valve more...obviously rubber onto aluminium isn't the best set up but if anyone has cured this problem or has any suggestions can you please let me know because this surely cannot be good for my/anyones engine surely.

- Bee

Last edited by Bee; 21 July 2004 at 08:46 PM. Reason: me being me...
Old 21 July 2004, 11:39 PM
Turbo_Steve
Scooby Regular

two smaller jubilee clips?

If you don't mind replacing the pipe everytime you remove it, you could put a small blob of glue on the joint to hold it fast.

Other than that: check it regularly!

Where is your dumpvalve mounted? Is it possible you have too much play in the pipe, and need to mount the dumpvalve somewhere more secure?
Old 22 July 2004, 07:32 AM
Trebor69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
two smaller jubilee clips?

If you don't mind replacing the pipe everytime you remove it, you could put a small blob of glue on the joint to hold it fast.

Other than that: check it regularly!

Where is your dumpvalve mounted? Is it possible you have too much play in the pipe, and need to mount the dumpvalve somewhere more secure?
Hello Steve, Your right in saying that aint good for your engine, will mess up mixture etc when running....

I have fitted several dump valves to my car in trying to obtain getting the right sound etc.. and have never had a hose come off, are you using a silicon hose like samco etc as these tend to be quite 'sticky'.. If it is coming of regulary I would say the internal diameter of you hose is too big, or you ain't tightening the clamp up enough...

Also if it is coming of a lot, you may actually be slightly leaking before it does come of fully.. not good....

Rob
Old 22 July 2004, 12:14 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Had the same thing with the HKS one mate and opted for a small tie clip located next to the jubilee. Obviously not pulled to tight to restrict flow but seems to do the job well.
Old 22 July 2004, 06:44 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

you could get someone to weld a rib round the pipe. on mine i just tightened it up as tight as i could with a screwdriver and it never came off

mike
Old 22 July 2004, 07:17 PM
Bee
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replys folks..still on yet but a touch worried about his one..

Mike to date that is a damn fine idea becacuse that looks as if all it needs, just something to hold onto a touch better.. Cheers for that.

- Bee