Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Zero sports engine and 93 WRX...compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2004, 04:10 PM
Big AlT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero sports engine and 93 WRX...compatible?

Anyone know if this is compatible with a MY93 WRX?
Also, does anyone know of Zero sports, what they are like, what they think of the tuning company etc.
i have bought an engine described as Zero sports engine with Zero sports headers, IHI rolling bearing turbo with remote wastegate, sti intercooler with fans???? and a Japanese Zero sports ECU which I know I can't use as it's mapped for Jap racing fuel. (or can I have it remapped??)
The part I was worried about is the fact that it says it has a 95 block with the rest from a 97?????
Will it fit?
Cheers,
Al.
Old 24 September 2004, 06:23 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big AlT
Anyone know if this is compatible with a MY93 WRX?
Also, does anyone know of Zero sports, what they are like, what they think of the tuning company etc.
i have bought an engine described as Zero sports engine with Zero sports headers, IHI rolling bearing turbo with remote wastegate, sti intercooler with fans???? and a Japanese Zero sports ECU which I know I can't use as it's mapped for Jap racing fuel. (or can I have it remapped??)
The part I was worried about is the fact that it says it has a 95 block with the rest from a 97?????
Will it fit? Cheers Al.
Al, Zero sports are a highly respected Japanese tuning house that make some really good kit. I'm not certain that they actually build engines but they do supply large amounts of the peripheral bits.

The headers will be really good whether equal or unequal length. The IHI roller turbo is probably just a *******isation of a normal VF series, but it will still be OK. There are people here in the UK who can reprogramme the Zero sports computer for you, so it's not a bin job.

The intercooler with fans may be like one I had on a car. lts the normal top mount with a better water spray set up and bigger tank in the boot, but the fans [small dinky blades like a toy aeroplane] are in line with the water spray jets and spread the squirt around all over the I/C rather like a garden sprinkler.

95 and 97 engine parts are quite compatible and I'm fairly sure there'll be nothing to worry about there either.

Good luck and enjoy it rather than worry.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza