Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Scoobyworld Afterburner Vortex - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2004, 09:53 PM
IanH26
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoobyworld Afterburner Vortex - thoughts?

Looking to change the rear silencer on my 2003 STI.
Been searching the sites and listening to the wave files etc.

Thinking of the above exhaust - what do people think?

I want the low down burble of the flat four, that should come as standard, but not looking to change the whole system.

HELP!
Old 30 September 2004, 10:11 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Just been through that process mate. I wanted a backbox that was louder than the PPP box but wouldn't wake the dead.

From what I can gather the Scoobyworld Afterburner Vortex is pretty damn loud but the Scoobyworld Ninja provides the flat 4 burble but it is not as loud and I bought one for that reason 2 days ago.

I haven't received it yet, it was dispatched today. Should have it on by the weekend though, can't wait
Old 30 September 2004, 10:16 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

...and you'll get 10%(ish) off from scoobyworld if you are an SIDC member
Old 30 September 2004, 10:48 PM
Wizard
Scooby Regular

Cool

It's a great exhaust as we fitted one to my mates B4 legacy and the sound is awesome. You still get the flat four rumble, IMHO i think its the nuts you wont be disapointed.
Chris
Old 01 October 2004, 06:32 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Took delivery of a nice ninja emblazioned cardboard box today. Opened it up and there was my strutbrace and swissol products I have ordered but no exhaust!??!?

I need to phone them tomorrow...
Old 01 October 2004, 06:47 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went for an afterburner after lots of head scratching and i`m very pleased with it ,its quite quiet if you leave on the standard centre section, sounds nice. But its a big WOW when you change the centre section for a non resonated one I love it but it might be just a little toooo much for a daily drive with kids etc.One last thing the fit was spot on and a fantastic quality go get one you know it makes sense.
Old 01 October 2004, 07:24 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sKunk
Took delivery of a nice ninja emblazioned cardboard box today. Opened it up and there was my strutbrace and swissol products I have ordered but no exhaust!??!?

I need to phone them tomorrow...
sKunk - we shipped two boxes - 1 the exhaust the other the Swissol and brace

Give me a call in the morning and we'll find out what the courier has done with box 2

cheers

Neil
www.scoobyorld.co.uk
Old 01 October 2004, 07:24 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
I went for an afterburner after lots of head scratching and i`m very pleased with it ,its quite quiet if you leave on the standard centre section, sounds nice. But its a big WOW when you change the centre section for a non resonated one I love it but it might be just a little toooo much for a daily drive with kids etc.One last thing the fit was spot on and a fantastic quality go get one you know it makes sense.
You might be pleased with it but i bet your poor neighbours arent hey..!!! :-) LOL..... IMHO its too loud.. but we are all entitled to our own opinion.. Your new lights are dam bright... nearly blinded me the other night..!! still i spose if we tell the council we might get a diso**** on our council tax as we wont need the streetlights on so much... LOL

J
Old 01 October 2004, 09:01 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NeilT
sKunk - we shipped two boxes - 1 the exhaust the other the Swissol and brace

Give me a call in the morning and we'll find out what the courier has done with box 2

cheers

Neil
www.scoobyorld.co.uk
Thanks for that Neil, I suspected that this might be the case I tried to call but it was after 6 and the office was closed.

I'll call the courier first thing tomorrow and sort it out.

The strut brace and swissol look great
Old 01 October 2004, 10:42 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoobyjimbo
You might be pleased with it but i bet your poor neighbours arent hey..!!! :-) LOL..... IMHO its too loud.. but we are all entitled to our own opinion.. Your new lights are dam bright... nearly blinded me the other night..!! still i spose if we tell the council we might get a diso**** on our council tax as we wont need the streetlights on so much... LOL

J
Good thing having petrol heads as neighbours but i`m always playing second fiddle to martyns tvr Glad you think the lights are bright those piaa bulbs cost a bloody fortune.
Old 02 October 2004, 11:17 AM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Neil, I suspected that this might be the case I tried to call but it was after 6 and the office was closed.

I'll call the courier first thing tomorrow and sort it out.

The strut brace and swissol look great
Neil, the courier had made a mess of it and instead of making it a 2 part consignment it was 2 x 1 part consignments.

Picked up the Ninjabox today and already have it fitted. Sounds lovely, doesn't drone on the motorway, screams when on boost and sounds sweet on idle. Very nice
Old 02 October 2004, 11:26 AM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Neil, the courier had made a mess of it and instead of making it a 2 part consignment it was 2 x 1 part consignments.

Picked up the Ninjabox today and already have it fitted. Sounds lovely, doesn't drone on the motorway, screams when on boost and sounds sweet on idle. Very nice
Skunk - good stuff - had called our couriers business service this morning, and they promised to look into it and get back to me this pm, but seems like you've got it sorted anyway

Good to hear you like the Ninja - selling like hot-cakes this end!

cheers

Neil
www.scoobyworld.co.uk
Old 02 October 2004, 11:38 AM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
Good thing having petrol heads as neighbours but i`m always playing second fiddle to martyns tvr Glad you think the lights are bright those piaa bulbs cost a bloody fortune.
Indeed.. dont think there are that many in this estate.. too many people carriers.. if your a petrolhead you dont have one of them even if you do have 10 kids..:-) i got that written into my marriage vows that i would never own one..!!!
Yep i have advised the new owners of our place they will have to get thicker curtains in the lounge as they may think a ufo is going by when you drive out in the dark.. :-)
J