Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Type R g.box with no front drive??

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2004, 06:02 AM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Type R g.box with no front drive??

Hi all.

Just got my Box back after a long awaited re-build and started to re-install it into the car. Thought I'd manually check before re-installing it that it goes into all gears and is driving both rear and front outputs.

As you move the selector rod and engage any of the gears while turning the front spigot shaft, the rear output which drives the propshaft turns as it should do.

But there is no movement on the 2 front outputs? when i removed the box initially before the re-build and performed the same test, there definatly was drive to both the rear output and the 2 front output's coming off the front diff.

My first thought was there is something wrong, but after speaking to the re-builder's I was told this is normal and that the box will be fine once installed and filled with oil.

Does this have anything to do with the electronic DCCD or or the fact that there's no oil in the box at the mo??

Box was done by a very reputable source who I have much faith in and are confident it should be fine once back in but I can't help thinking there may be somthing very wrong as It was not like this when it was removed?

Any urgent advice appriciated from anyone in the know as I'm planning on getting the box back in this morning!

thanks.

Last edited by Scoobnov2; 10 October 2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10 October 2004, 11:09 AM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
You could try holding the rear output\prop and see if the front turns??
Just a thought

Originally Posted by Scoobnov2
Hi all.

Just got my Box back after a long awaited re-build and started to re-install it into the car. Thought I'd manually check before re-installing it that it goes into all gears and is driving both rear and front outputs.

As you move the selector rod and engage any of the gears while turning the front spigot shaft, the rear output which drives the propshaft turns as it should do.

But there is no movement on the 2 front outputs? when i removed the box initially before the re-build and performed the same test, there definatly was drive to both the rear output and the 2 front output's coming off the front diff.

My first thought was there is something wrong, but after speaking to the re-builder's I was told this is normal and that the box will be fine once installed and filled with oil.

Does this have anything to do with the electronic DCCD or or the fact that there's no oil in the box at the mo??

Box was done by a very reputable source who I have much faith in and are confident it should be fine once back in but I can't help thinking there may be somthing very wrong as It was not like this when it was removed?

Any urgent advice appriciated from anyone in the know as I'm planning on getting the box back in this morning!

thanks.