Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Gearbox and Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2004, 05:50 PM
wrx133
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox and Clutch Warranty

I need some advice, ive had my 01 wrx for about 5 months now, and have had nothing but problems with it, ending in me going back to my dealer 9 times, about 2 months ago noticed a cruching sound coming for the gearbox, when going from 3 to 4, so went back to dealer who had my car for a week, and they could not find anything wrong they told me they had driven it and it was fine, so i went out with a tec and the gearbox started cruching, so tech informed that i was changing to fast for the gearbox (bol***s) so he said to carry on driving intill my next service about 2000 miles away and they would look into it, but after two weeks of driving, it the clutch started slipping and the cruching got a lot worse, so it went back to subaru who have had the gearbox and clutch out, and have found 3rd to 4th has gone and the clutch has gone, including the flywheel which has CRACKED, so they had to get someone to come out from subaru to inpect the gearbox, and im still waiting on a answer weather they will pay for it or not, now what i need to know is that should the clutch be under warrenty as the engineer who came out with me last time said to keep on driving it???? and also who does a flywheel crack?

Sorry for the long thead and spelling mistakes.

Wes

Last edited by wrx133; 25 November 2004 at 06:11 PM.