What Is the LOUDEST exhaust for a Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2005, 02:03 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Is the LOUDEST exhaust for a Impreza

Hi,
I have a 93 WRX-Ra and have fitted a Full Scorpion removing both cats, it is loud but i have had much louder Vauxhalls, so Can anyone tell me which system or combination is going to be the loudest?

My Next door Neighbour bought a 93 WRX a couple of months after me and he only has a Scooby Sport Back Box and he wants My system to beef his up a Bit.

This is all because of an Ignorant Neighbour who lives Opposite both of us. He deliberatly parks one car over each of our drives but on his side of the road, he can easily park both cars in the middle between our drives causing No obstruction. but he says we are being awkward by having performance cars, and that the Goverment should ban it. if we want cars like that then we should move to Japan. we have no right to have noisy cars, I do not go out after 10.30 to be fair, but Paul goes out daily Now to upset him at 2.am, and due to the other neighbours ignorant parking he has to go back and forward a number of times to get in and out of his drive. I would have to do much more as my Drive Gates open out the way, He has a Number of times Brought his work Van home and parked that opposite, and if my gates were closed i would not have been able to get out.
He Owns a Double glazing firm and is now threatening to bring his fleet of Six Vans home to make it impossible for us to get out at all. so if he wants to be awkward then i am going to be the Same and get the loudest Exhaust.

I am going to ask another friend who also has a Scooby to bring that and his Skyline up and park them outside his place to show him i will not Stand for his Crap.

It would love to see his face if i got 10-20 scoobies come into the street one night just to teach him what it is like to be Awkward. lol

Many Thanks
Derek Clarke
Old 03 February 2005, 02:10 PM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

We could make a pipe for you to replace the back box that would be about 117 DB...........noisy enough ????

Ian
Old 03 February 2005, 02:15 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

could you build an exhaust to match the noise of the blitz nur spec r? oh and bollocks to your neighbour, feel for ya
Originally Posted by scoobyexhausts
We could make a pipe for you to replace the back box that would be about 117 DB...........noisy enough ????

Ian
Old 03 February 2005, 02:57 PM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

whats the DB rating of the Blitz

Ian
Old 03 February 2005, 03:01 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

park where he parks..

Arrange a scooby meet in your street.
Old 03 February 2005, 03:44 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Sounds like a good excuse for a revenge thread if ever i heard one...

If someone did that to me I'd park on his drive.
Old 03 February 2005, 04:34 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

haven't a clue mate, i've just heard that they sound the dogs bollocks heard my mates 5zigen exhaust & his is awesome
whats the DB rating of the Blitz

Ian
Old 03 February 2005, 05:12 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
park where he parks..

Arrange a scooby meet in your street.

lol
i only live down the road,so i'd be up for it ;-)
Old 03 February 2005, 05:49 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I can see one of you lot getting an ASBO
Old 03 February 2005, 06:53 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Some bloke in America measured the Blitz nurspec R cat-back at 104dB on a new age WRX. Of course, take the up and down-pipe cats out it'll be louder.

The other thing is where and how it's measured if you want to compare like with like. This one was measured 20" straight behind the exhaust, at a steady (held) 5000rom, using A-weighting on the dB reading.

The noisiest (but not necessarily most sensible) option is to take off the centre and backboxes completely. You might want to put some heatshield in place to protect the underside of the car if you're driving it like that for very far.
Old 03 February 2005, 06:56 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

A full Powerflow system with all the silencers/cat removed will make your ears bleed !!!!!
Old 03 February 2005, 07:03 PM
TheSquirrel
Scooby Regular

Pay my petrol down and i will p*ss him right off with WRC downpipe into a side exit..........estimated at about 120+db

It is legendary on www.scottishscoobies.com

Grant
Old 03 February 2005, 10:18 PM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My blitz system with headers on got a 114 db measurement at full pelt.

101 at 5,000 rpm standing still.
Old 03 February 2005, 11:32 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

We could make a pipe for you to replace the back box that would be about 117 DB...........noisy enough????

Ian
I will see what others are recommended, but I have just bought a Monza Kit and am considering having a Single 5” either end.

Originally Posted by stevehulluk1
could you build an exhaust to match the noise of the blitz nur spec r? Oh and bollocks to your neighbour, feel for ya
Bollocks to him indeed. He wants to be awkward; I can be just as awkward as he can. I. will just wake him up, 2am every night till he gets the message.

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
park where he parks.

Arrange a Scooby meet in your street.
If I parked where he does, then He Parks 1 car ate the Back about an inch from my Bumper and then reverses his Jag up to the other to the other end about an inch off. Making it impossible to get out. He has done this a Few times already the last time I threatened to get my Banger car out and push his Jag out of the way. He soon moved it.
If we have any friends or Visitors parked outside on our side of the road, when they are out, if they come home the park opposite, which makes it Impossible to get a car through the Gap and as it is a Cul-de-sac there is no other way in or out. Then we get other people banging on our door asking us to move the car on our side of the road. (My wife was in Labour in November and the Midwife parked outside, they done it then and did not answer the door when people knocked on it and asked them to move.) It is not the first he has done it nor the last. And I am sure he will continue to do it. I spoke to the police, and they said if someone called them then they would issue both us with a ticket as there is no proof who parked first.

A Scooby meet sounds an ace idea, I am sure he would just love it or not lol

Originally Posted by messiah
Sounds like a good excuse for a revenge thread if ever i heard one...

If someone did that to me I'd park on his drive.
Id love to get revenge on him.

Unfortunately he does not have one, so parks on the road. He does though have Two Garages, one is full and the other he has lost the keys to it (He left them in by mistake my other neighbour removed them lol), but only keeps his mountain bike in it. Never put his car in.

Originally Posted by dazza1802
lol
I only live down the road, so I’d be up for it ;-)
Ok if I get something organised that would be great.

Originally Posted by andy97
I can see one of you lot getting an ASBO
What’s ASBO? Not up to speed with all the Abbreviations.

Originally Posted by hades
Some bloke in America measured the Blitz nurspec R cat-back at 104dB on a new age WRX. Of course, take the up and down-pipe cats out it'll be louder.

The other thing is where and how it's measured if you want to compare like with like. This one was measured 20" straight behind the exhaust, at a steady (held) 5000rom, using A-weighting on the dB reading.

The noisiest (but not necessarily most sensible) option is to take off the centre and back boxes completely. You might want to put some heat shield in place to protect the underside of the car if you're driving it like that for very far.
I defiantly want to keep it sensible, as I got my 3 month old Baby to think about.

Originally Posted by scoobfan
A full Powerflow system with all the silencers/cat removed will make your ears bleed!!!!!
I thought about Powerflow, but then thought about how much my local Powerflow chap rips you off. (The manager gives you a price and says to get the chap who makes the system to have a look and confirm, Now Kev always says to the Customer it is going to be £100 more than the Manager Quoted and says it will need an extra Box, but says, but I will tell The Manager it was only this which was the same as the Manager told you. But you slip me £50 and you will save £50. The last time I done this he never even fitted the other box and he never got the £50 lol. So not sure if id want to go back. But I have taken cars in and he has Put in extra boxes to make it Quieter than I asked for or wanted. So unless I find another dealer then it won’t be one of them. Plus they say they cannot do the open neck down pipe.

Originally Posted by TheSquirrel
Pay my petrol down and i will p*ss him right off with WRC downpipe into a side exit..........estimated at about 120+db

It is legendary on www.scottishscoobies.com

Grant
Id love to but I am going to be broke for a While, Just bought a Kit and the Car is going in for a Total Colour Change so I got a lot to pay out.

Originally Posted by nyscooby
My blitz system with headers on got a 114 db measurement at full pelt.

101 at 5,000 rpm standing still.
I was thinking of Buying some headers I seen on eBay but as you loose the Burble, I got the feeling that if you loose the burble the system will be Quieter, I been told they make it sound like a High Performance Super bike. Which would be nice, but until I heard one I would not be able to decide.
Old 04 February 2005, 09:35 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

You only lose the burble if you go for equal length manifolds.
Even then, not all the burble is lost - here is a sound file of My STi 5 Type R with Blitz Nur Spec R backbox, H&S 3" downpipe, H&S Up-pipe and OBX Equal Length Headers (sounds was taken sitting still) http://www.compass-systems.co.uk/sco...Recording1.wav
Old 04 February 2005, 09:48 AM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

VERY NICE.............
Originally Posted by TonyFlow
You only lose the burble if you go for equal length manifolds.
Even then, not all the burble is lost - here is a sound file of My STi 5 Type R with Blitz Nur Spec R backbox, H&S 3" downpipe, H&S Up-pipe and OBX Equal Length Headers (sounds was taken sitting still) www.compass-systems.co.uk/scoobynet/Recording1.wav
Old 04 February 2005, 10:19 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

ta muchly - I think so too!
Just waiting on a remap before I can give it some abuse (the way she likes to be driven)!
Old 04 February 2005, 10:28 AM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

i knew i shouldn't have bought my ninja box
Originally Posted by TonyFlow
ta muchly - I think so too!
Just waiting on a remap before I can give it some abuse (the way she likes to be driven)!
Old 04 February 2005, 10:35 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Unfortunately he does not have one, so parks on the road. He does though have Two Garages, one is full and the other he has lost the keys to it (He left them in by mistake my other neighbour removed them lol), but only keeps his mountain bike in it. Never put his car in.
In that case you might as well help yourself to his bike, sell it and buy a set of traffic cones with the cash...

Well it worked for the Boswells
Old 04 February 2005, 03:17 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

ASBO= Anti Social Behaviour Order

The flavour of the month with this government, helping curb in unruly neighbours.

have you heard of the pig owner who got an ASBO because his pigs kept escaping and damaging his neighbours plants- true

later withdrawn because the CPS couldnt enforce the ASBO

I believe certain councils hand them out like parking tickets.

Andy