Actuator arm V restrictor

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2005, 03:30 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Actuator arm V restrictor

Its the same thread as the other one

You know that little brass restrictor that has a 1.25mm hole drilled in it to allow a MY00 UK car achieve 13.9psi of boost, well here is my dilemma/quandry.

With the 1.25mm restrictor, the car is only seeing 11 psi WOT in 5th 10psi WOT in 4th

It was changed to a 1mm restrictor but unfortunatley the old girl was spiking at about 18psi and then being reigned in by the ecu back to about 10 and then increasing to hold at about 12. Obviously having 18 blowing it's way through the old girl isn't good practice.

I need to try a 1.1mm restrictor, but they seem to be really hard to come by and I don't really want to continue to pester the garage for something which, lets face it, is really meanial in the big picture. "Stop rebuilding that customers car and earning a living doing proper jobs and spend a few hours sourcing me a tiny bit of brass and drill a hole in it for a few quid" You get my drift

Now I could go out, source a brass restrictor, then go get a drill bit (Or 10) and faff around doing it myself. ER ........... No thanks!

OR

A little birdy tells me that carefull adjustment of the actuator arm can achieve the same thing seeing as what I'm trying to achieve is marginal.

Anyone tried this. Did it work or is it just to simple to ever be true

I've just had some work done on the engine so I'm assuming that the mechanics would have spotted any dodgy old split pipework and i've also tested the gauge and it is correct.

Any other suggestions as to why boost should be off the mark slightly with the oe restrictor in place?

I need me boost back cos my VTA sounds like a girl sneezing

Gridlock