Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

modified injecors

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2005, 05:04 AM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modified injecors

i have been relably told that you can modify injectors to allow more fuel to pass through and then have the car mapped to balance them is this possible and is it safe

also i have heard of vernier cams what are these and what improvements can they give

thanks
Old 13 August 2005, 09:41 AM
Bob Rawle
Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Balancing in that way is only possible with an aftermarket ecu that supports it, the factory ecu's don't, Motec does it v well, I can even map each cylinder (as opposed to offsetting) if I want.

Vernier cams are used to correct timing errors derived from manufacturing tolerances, typically cams can be up to 8 degrees in error bank to bank, you have to be careful to make sure that the cam sensor output stays correct and at the right levels though otherwise the oem ecu (and alot of aftermarket ones) will not be able to fire the injectors and ignition at the right point in time, that said they do work well as I have found.

You would be as well to change to 550cc std injectors though dependant on what your objectioves are and what mods you are planning. There is not point in changing for the sake of it, bigger injectors ae used to support mods, in them selves they don't add to the performance since they are merely a mechanism for adding fuel to the engine

bob
Old 13 August 2005, 09:53 AM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bob i have oem ecu so i will have to get new injectors

on the vernier cams i sort of understand you do you mean if i get vernier cams this would allow finer adjustment of the timing etc..

and yes i will be having considerable mods to suit the injectors and will be coming to you for the mapping