Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2005, 01:31 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light on permanently after changing drive shafts

Recently changed the driveshafts
They fitted fine but didnt look identical

For the first 20 miles the car has driven fine, no ABS light on (ie. comes on for a few seconds and then goes off)

But after the first 20 miles the ABS light is on permanently, which means the ABS is not working

I guess I have the wrong driveshafts

Only problem I have is that I binned the originals after I did a first 10 miles drive and found the car fine....... and dont fancy paying £300 a side!

Last edited by Fangoria; 16 August 2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 16 August 2005, 02:46 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Presumably the wrong number of teeth on the ring? Not looked at the Scooby one, but a previous owner of a Peugeot I had had replaced a single driveshaft with one with the wrong number of teeth and disconnected the ABS light. On a live readout from the ABS ECU you could tell that one wheel was registering a different speed to the others.
Old 16 August 2005, 05:07 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fangoria, If those shafts are wrong we'll change them. Problem isyou don't know what you need any more as the old ones are gone. We have many shafts and should have the correct ones.

We can probably work it out but we might need to see the car again. Vers 6 STi if I remember??

Call me if I can help.

David APi Impreza / APi Engines
www.apiengines.com

Last edited by APIDavid; 16 August 2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 16 August 2005, 05:33 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David

Sorry
Not blaming anyone here at all - want to make that 100% clear. It would appear that theres quite a lot of 'parts' out there

I was stupid enough to throw the originals away when I put these ones on which isn't something I usually do!!

And yep sti5 (same as an sti6?)- had my car at yours once the cylinder heads went. Have probably only driven it about 200 miles since then - I should have got the driveshafts sorted when I had the car at yours - but I thought it was the brakes making a clicking noise on bends (stupid really as they didnt make any noise in a straight line!) - its only when I drove the car off the ground (on bricks) that I discovered it had to be the CV Joints

Only solution will be for me to come up if the light doesnt go out. Would this be something you could potentially do on a 'wait'

Steve McC
Old 16 August 2005, 05:38 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, Yeah l reckon we can do it waiting, just a problem of figuring out which shafts you need. Although once we see the ABS set up we should be OK. They take the information off the drive shafts in one or two different ways,

' so if it isn't those, it must be these............' LOL

Let me know when you want to come up.

Kind regards David