Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

TSL Firestorm-A quick review.

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2005, 09:20 PM
Jdub
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up TSL Firestorm-A quick review.

Before I got this I had a look round various forums and couldn't find much info on them, loads on ninja's and after burners etc.. so I thought I would do a quick review, I am not very mechanically minded and I have only had my Scooby for a week so go easy on me.

First off the service from TSL was very good, it came mega well protected and arrived very quickly.

The firestorm looked very well constructed and looked worth a lot more than TSL's asking price, also as we are at the start let me point out this thing is big, infact it's f##ing masive so if you want something that looks subtle I would look else where.

Fitting was quite straight forward (as I got one of my dads customers to do it!) , the only thing that needed altering was a metal plate thingthy behind the bumper needed bending a bit to alow the back box not to hit it (told I'm not versed in mechanics) apart from this it goes straight on, by the way this was for an O2 bug eye.

When buying this I wasn't looking for any performence gains as at the momment I am keeping the cats on, all I really wanted was to release a bit of flat 4 rumble, to look a bit flashly and the firestorm certaintainly does this in buckets.
On tick over it doesn't sound to loud, but blip the go go pedal and it thumps out the flat four tune, first and second gear also sound great really low pitched thump, but boot it into third and it changes and goes more to a roar.
On the motorway in 5th and 6th cruising at 70 odd its not that loud at all and I dont think it would get on your nerves, well not mine any way.

So if like me all you want is a nice sound and maybe a couple of extra Bhp this back box I think is a great choice, it's just right for me not excessivle loud, however I am sure if you remove the cats it would be insane, as I am sure some of the members on here could contest to. I am not saying it's the best out there,but it seems pretty good value for money to me, I have heard a lot of scoobies and I am more than happy how it sounds, so no saying mine is better than yours etc!!!

Well I am a happy chappy, hope you enjoyed the review, regards John.

Last edited by Jdub; 18 August 2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:45 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

another vote hear i have the tsl centre section and firestorm and well pleased with it !

matt
Old 18 August 2005, 11:12 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Just removed my Firestorm from the car.

Had the midsection cat removed last week, and the TSL Firestorm was just to loud, Just put on a Graham Goode 4" backbox and the sound is perfect not to loud ,then you floor it and it just growls.

Would love to hear the TSL Firestorm without any cats in place. Meowwwww
Old 18 August 2005, 11:18 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1

Had the midsection cat removed last week, and the TSL Firestorm was just to loud, Just put on a Graham Goode 4" backbox and the sound is perfect not to loud ,then you floor it and it just growls.

well i have a H&S open neck downpipe with the rest tsl and boy is it loud but i loves it...lol

matt
Old 19 August 2005, 09:39 AM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

If the Firestorm is a bit too loud for you try the TSL Group N exhaust, same high quality as the Firestorm but not as loud. My car came with the group n when I bought it but I wish it had the Firestorm because I like it LOOOOUUUUD!!!
Old 19 August 2005, 09:44 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Mine has a TSL group N with the 4" out, hooked up to a full de-cat, sounds very very nice
Old 19 August 2005, 10:28 AM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1

Had this et up on my Classic. Lets just say I nearly got a ASBO and it came off within a couple of weeks.
Old 19 August 2005, 12:21 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

i have the group n on a tsl 333-spot on
martin
Old 19 August 2005, 01:50 PM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

I had the full TSL decat plus firestorm on my P1 and it was incredible. Service from TSL was first class, and I had a health warning from Tileys in Bristol after they fitted it as it was the loudest system they had ever heard. It really was superb. I wasn't looking for loudness, just good quality and rumble enhancement, but it was so good everyone noticed and commented on it. Plus it looked good as well.
Old 19 August 2005, 04:31 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had a Full tsl system with a firestorm back box.

What can I say apart from WOW!!!! Awesome build quality and fantastic sound.

I then opted for an extra tarty Tiphoon back box which was also great.

After my full rebuild I now have their full 76MM pulse extraction system with their tubular headers. TBH I actually prefer it as the sound is so unique!

TSL have always been great. Fantastic service and they have built me a stonking car!
Old 19 August 2005, 07:15 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

TSL have always been great. Fantastic service and they have built me a stonking car!
Had them work on my Classic shape scooby, and they turned it into a beast. Not had them work on my Blobeye yet, but no doubt ill be there in the next month or so .