Temp Advice/Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2005, 09:57 PM
O.G.
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp Advice/Overheating

Hi All!

Just been reading scooby leons post with trepidation!

I'm still very new to scoobys (2 wk ownership) and i've noticed something odd with my temp guage.

"Normal" driving see's the needle sat plump in the middle, even opening her up you see the needle hold steady.
When i park up at home it's a bit tricky and i'm being carfull and i've noticed the needle rise - i'm assuming as no air is flowing over the engine she's getting hot etc.
The odd thing is that say for example today i was in 5th driving at 40mphish along a main road and the needle rises up -it goes as high as the top of the scale but never past that into the red and no warning lights come on and then it will drop down to the middle again.
I'm guessing that i should be able to hear the fans kick in but i haven't noticed them coming on, also when i've parked and she's hot and i've exited the car i don't notice them on then either.
Also the heater takes forever to get warm, when it does the temp is nice and hot but i'm surprised at how long it takes.
My car is a classic style late 96 jap import.It has impecable history and i've not detected any leaks or signs of residues etc in the engine bay.
Other than that the car's a dream!!

Any ideas?? Thank you