Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help Fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2005, 04:01 PM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help Fuel problem

97 UK spec 98K miles standard apart from K & N filter and ...

This weekend changed my exhaust to OEM manifold and up pipe but flowed and wrapped. Miltek wide throat down pipe and sports cat. Straight through center section and Miltek back box.

First sign of trouble was exhaust ports of 1 & 3 were very lean, while 2 & 4 were rich - huge difference have got photes to post later.

Completed work and all seemed OK, until fully open throtle when I get a cough - first thing I thought was fuel starvation.

Checked ECU memory and got 53 31 and 13 error codes - Cam position sensor, throtle position sensor and fuel pump or fuel circuit sensor (may be not in that order)

I am thinking the fuel pump is on its way out as I don't think its ever been renewed. Could this account for all the problems - does the fuel for one side of the engine have to go through more twists and turns than the other - or maybe 2 injectors are dodgy - bit of a coincidence they are on the same side though.

Clutching at staws here - any help most appreciated.

As for Cam position and throttle position sensors ? No clue - could the symptoms be explained by these too ?

Cheers
Clint