Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

turbo timer on MY00

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2001, 09:42 AM
fivepint
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hi all, just a quik one on turbo timers, will one work on my MY00 with the immobiliser in the key?
also there is a second auto immobiliser with my alarm, i dont mind sitting with the car ;-) but i dont know if the timer will bypass the imobilisers? I know Blitz have a new one with a built in boost gauge...has any one tried it?

Cheers
Fergal
Old 27 November 2001, 10:11 AM
nom
Scooby Senior

Haven't had a turbo timer in the scoob, but in a previous car - which had 2 immobilisers & an alarm - the immobiliser worked with the timer, but the alarm wouldn't alarm until the engine was off (when the turbo timer switched the engine off, that is). Presumably, if the car has an auto-arm alarm, it would still do its stuff once the engine was off, but there'd be a time when the car was only immobilised & not alarmed.
I was thinking of getting one of these for the scoob as well, but not wiring it up fully so that it gave the calculated time that the engine should be left on (& counted it down) but the actual switching the engine off was left to me. And then there's the other gadets to play with too
Old 27 November 2001, 10:32 AM
Brian Swan
Scooby Regular

I have an Ultra timer on MY99 STi with immobilizor but no alarm.

Nothing "kicks-in" until the engine is off. You can turn off the engine, take the key out, lock the door, re-open the door, put the key back in and turn it "on" without hitting the starter and when the timer counts down, it still switches off. My imm. is reactivated and so i have to press the magic little button on the key fob before i can re-start the car.

I would think the same is true for an alarm - nothing works until after the engine is off.

bss
Old 27 November 2001, 10:46 AM
fivepint
Scooby Regular

thx lads, i may wire it up for the count down and the boost gauge, it'd be handy to have, i think the blitz may have a timer too ie. 0-60 etc

cheers
Fergal