wrx sti 8 jdm IMPORT

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2006, 05:09 AM
scooby jap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wrx sti 8 jdm IMPORT

HELLO EVERYONE

NO LONG HAD MY WRX STI 8 JDM IT AN IMPORT, IT DONT SOUND LIKE A SCOOBY, ITS QUICK AND ALL THAT JUST WANTED TO KNOW Y DONT IT SOUND LIKE THAT N WOT BHP IS IT? COULD ANYONE HELP ME WOT COULD I DO TO IT TO MAKE IT GO QUICK? I WANT TO PUT A BLOW OFF VALVE WHICH ONE SHOULD I PUT AND WHAT EXHAUST SYSTEM SHOULD I PUT?
THANKS
Old 10 December 2006, 11:15 AM
GeoffMM
Scooby Regular

it has equal length headers, which you would need to replace for un equal length
Old 10 December 2006, 11:34 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by scooby jap
HELLO EVERYONE
Hello,

Not picking on you but try not to use CAPS LOCK iits deemed to to rude or shouting

NO LONG HAD MY WRX STI 8 JDM IT AN IMPORT, IT DONT SOUND LIKE A SCOOBY, ITS QUICK AND ALL THAT JUST WANTED TO KNOW Y DONT IT SOUND LIKE THAT N WOT BHP IS IT?
Yep equal lenth headers and Twin scroll turbo about 310bhp ish

COULD ANYONE HELP ME WOT COULD I DO TO IT TO MAKE IT GO QUICK? I WANT TO PUT A BLOW OFF VALVE WHICH ONE SHOULD I PUT AND WHAT EXHAUST SYSTEM SHOULD I PUT?
THANKS
Put a sports cat 21/2" or 3" system on and remap for UK fuel 350bhp , sorry blow off valves just prove you took your foot off the throttle and have no or little performance gains IMHO

Tony
Old 10 December 2006, 11:48 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

i may be selling my full milltek exhaust system of my JDM 9 - perfect for your twin-scroll....

Last edited by pippyrips; 10 December 2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10 December 2006, 12:05 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Dont get a blow off valve!

Good system and an Ecutek should see the strong side of 350bhp
Old 10 December 2006, 12:06 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Try and ****ing spell properly.

Dump valve? Why its got one already. Whay do you think you will achieve by adding a different one?

Try and learn about what you have bought by using the search facility and looking in the technical forums.

MB
Old 10 December 2006, 12:14 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

HELLO EVERYONE

NO LONG HAD MY WRX STI 8 JDM IT AN IMPORT, IT DONT SOUND LIKE A SCOOBY, ITS QUICK AND ALL THAT JUST WANTED TO KNOW Y DONT IT SOUND LIKE THAT N WOT BHP IS IT? COULD ANYONE HELP ME WOT COULD I DO TO IT TO MAKE IT GO QUICK? I WANT TO PUT A BLOW OFF VALVE WHICH ONE SHOULD I PUT AND WHAT EXHAUST SYSTEM SHOULD I PUT?
THANKS
Try this:

Hello everyone, my name is scooby jap and I'm the proud owner of a wrx sti8 jdm. Could you give me some more info on this car, as I've no idea what I've actually bought. My mates got a scooby, but mine sounds different, is there any reason for that? Is it broke or something?
I'd like to increase the power of the car first of all, as I've no idea how many horses it has actually got at the moment, but it's deffo not enough, that's for sure. I've heard of something called a blow off valve, which one should I fit, even though I've no idea what it does!
Lastly, what exhaust should I fit, as once again, the exhaust on it must be rubbish and restricting it's power, even though I've still no idea what it is.
As I'm new to this forum, you must all help me out, as I'm incapable of using the search facility, and would much rather clutter up the forum with yet more rubbish about dump valves, exhausts and jdm subarus.

Thanks for your replies,
Old 10 December 2006, 12:28 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Amen to that

MB
Old 10 December 2006, 12:32 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Also, Troll I suspect. Spelling and grammar is mildly improved in some of the other posts...

MB
Old 10 December 2006, 12:50 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Don't forget about me fella

TX.

Originally Posted by pippyrips
i may be selling my full milltek exhaust system of my JDM 9 - perfect for your twin-scroll....
Old 10 December 2006, 01:23 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
Try this:

Hello everyone, my name is scooby jap and I'm the proud owner of a wrx sti8 jdm. Could you give me some more info on this car, as I've no idea what I've actually bought. My mates got a scooby, but mine sounds different, is there any reason for that? Is it broke or something?
I'd like to increase the power of the car first of all, as I've no idea how many horses it has actually got at the moment, but it's deffo not enough, that's for sure. I've heard of something called a blow off valve, which one should I fit, even though I've no idea what it does!
Lastly, what exhaust should I fit, as once again, the exhaust on it must be rubbish and restricting it's power, even though I've still no idea what it is.
As I'm new to this forum, you must all help me out, as I'm incapable of using the search facility, and would much rather clutter up the forum with yet more rubbish about dump valves, exhausts and jdm subarus.

Thanks for your replies,

Text speak
Old 10 December 2006, 02:33 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well because its a version 8 (though the official versions stopped at 6) you should have the scooby noise as its a 2002 car, of course if it were a version 9 (2003) or a version 10 (2004) then you wont have the scooby noise as the engines were uprated for better performance and torque.
As for power... what fuel are you running the car on? Plus the power delivery is very linear which makes the car feel slow but is in fact just as fast if not faster than a classic counterpart.
As for modifications, speak to your insurance co, if they are happy (normally for a fee) for you to add any modifications like an exhaust then do so, do not add one if they are not happy though as this will invalidate your insurance and decats are a no no on these as it causes boost spikes and det (chances are the car will just go into limp mode).
Power.... as above, depends on what fuel your running but on a good day with the correct grade of fuel, about 300bhp (no more than this though).
Oh and forget the blow off valve, just a useless bit of kit that can cause more problems.

Tony
Old 10 December 2006, 05:16 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Is it really a STi8, though? The numbers get bandied about, but as Tony points out, they stopped giving official version numbers at STi6; people tend to use version 8+ in different ways depending on who you talk to (although the way Tony quotes it is the correct way).

What year was your car made (or more specifically, what model year?)

Other than that, the comments about blow off valves, exhausts etc have already been made.
Old 10 December 2006, 09:28 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

No such thing as STi 7/8/9/10 just the year it was made in
Old 10 December 2006, 11:27 PM
S204
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark

Dump valve? Why its got one already. Whay do you think you will achieve by adding a different one?

Try and learn about what you have bought by using the search facility and looking in the technical forums.

MB

A bit rich I think?
How about not answering anything that offends?, and giving new members help rather than criticisms.
Old 11 December 2006, 02:35 AM
scooby jap
Scooby Regular

OK well thanks to the peoples that's trying to help me I'm new on here SORRY IF MY SPELLING was wrong I'll use the Dir next time. anyway i know what car i bought but they was not a lot of info on the car when i got in so that's why i ask on here but if people wants to get rude about it don't reply to the message then!! the car is a 2003 model 11 month/2003 JDM and i was told its 320 bhp. i have been using super and v-power petrol is that OK for the car? the car was original from japan but i can not find any thing on the JDM spec that why im ask people on here

Last edited by scooby jap; 11 December 2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 11 December 2006, 02:45 AM
scooby jap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrRA

Text speak
what car you got then MR no it all????
Old 11 December 2006, 04:00 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

a simple search for these words: my03 sti jdm produced these results:
https://www.scoobynet.com/search.php?searchid=1244825
read it then come back with any questions you have that haven't been answered a million times before. The whole point of internet forums like this one is that the questions you're asking have been asked before, you just need to learn how to search to get the answers. People get cheesed off answering the same old questions time and again, hence the aggression off some.
In answer to your last question, your car could do with a remap, do a search as to what that means, as it will be running a touch lean with our crap and weak uk fuel over the jap jungle juice
Old 11 December 2006, 07:59 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 384 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobygav555
No such thing as STi 7/8/9/10 just the year it was made in
think youll find its only the UK that bears no relation to numbering, although technically it does exist...............
Old 11 December 2006, 08:10 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by stockcar
think youll find its only the UK that bears no relation to numbering, although technically it does exist...............
Technically it doesn't exist anywhere after V6 except in the minds of those who like to give their cars made up code numbers
Old 11 December 2006, 09:39 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

S204 - ive been an active member of this site for over 4 years, and given loads of free help (of the limited knowledge I have) in the techincal forums.

Its just far too easy to post up "what exhaust should I buy?" when with a little effort you can wpork it out youreslf.

Whenever I have a query, I use the search first - and I persevere until I cant find an answer, at which point I will then post up.

Common sense, no?

MB
Old 11 December 2006, 09:48 AM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

what car you got then MR no it all????
Shouldn't it be Mr know it all?

And I'd rather keep what car I own private thanks.

Last edited by MrRA; 11 December 2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11 December 2006, 09:55 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

OK well thanks to the peoples that's trying to help me I'm new on here SORRY IF MY SPELLING was wrong I'll use the Dir next time. anyway i know what car i bought but they was not a lot of info on the car when i got in so that's why i ask on here but if people wants to get rude about it don't reply to the message then!! the car is a 2003 model 11 month/2003 JDM and i was told its 320 bhp. i have been using super and v-power petrol is that OK for the car? the car was original from japan but i can not find any thing on the JDM spec that why im ask people on here
Yes you can run on v power and super unleaded but who ever told you that its pushing 320bhp is telling BIG porkies, even with v power (which is probably better than most super unleaded fuels) it would have retarded itself down (the ecu would compensate for the fuel) so id be impressed if your acutally pushing 280bhp just now.
Realistically you need to be running v power AND octane booster (millers octane plus is good enough ) to be gaining the FULL performance from this car, and id go for an STi panel filter also (it gives it a bit more umph and is designed for these cars, better beyond the 6.5k where it feels choked).
Note that this comes from experience of running an MY03 JDM STi on UK fuel (shell optimax/octane booster) for 3 years (unmapped).

Tony
Old 11 December 2006, 01:46 PM
S204
Scooby Regular

S204 - ive been an active member of this site for over 4 years, and given loads of free help (of the limited knowledge I have) in the techincal forums.

Its just far too easy to post up "what exhaust should I buy?" when with a little effort you can wpork it out youreslf.

Whenever I have a query, I use the search first - and I persevere until I cant find an answer, at which point I will then post up.

Common sense, no?

MB
MB:

My response was in connection to spelling and grammar of which I find myself not to good at either, but does not make me a troll or illiterate, as you implied of scooby jap, and perhaps a look at yourself before you judge others.
Regards: S204
Old 11 December 2006, 02:37 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Typo's are somewhat different to not being able to spell, or formulate a sentence.

I actually dont mind if someone cant spell, as that can be an actual condition - but being lazy and typing utter ****e and expecting people to respond isn't too clever.

MB
Old 11 December 2006, 05:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Typo's are somewhat different to not being able to spell, or formulate a sentence.

I actually dont mind if someone cant spell, as that can be an actual condition - but being lazy and typing utter ****e and expecting people to respond isn't too clever.

MB
Taking me back a few years now but when you reverse characters when typing liek that for instance (yes that was on purpose) its called transposing (i think) and if your on a typing test it counts as 1 error. Not really a spelling mistake, normally due to typing too quickly

Tony
Old 11 December 2006, 07:04 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 384 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Technically it doesn't exist anywhere after V6 except in the minds of those who like to give their cars made up code numbers

strange then how every new-age rally car that we have worked on DOES have a code otherwise we would never know from the body shape which model it was..........and Subaru Japan use this also

01 bug-eye V7, 02 bug-eye V8, 03 blobby V9, 04 blobby V10, 05 blobby V11, new shape 06 V12.........

refer to Mike Wood if you don't believe myself (or others)

i think where the confusion arises is UK people thinking they have a version whatever and calling them out of sequence
Old 11 December 2006, 09:29 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by stockcar
strange then how every new-age rally car that we have worked on DOES have a code otherwise we would never know from the body shape which model it was..........and Subaru Japan use this also

01 bug-eye V7, 02 bug-eye V8, 03 blobby V9, 04 blobby V10, 05 blobby V11, new shape 06 V12.........

refer to Mike Wood if you don't believe myself (or others)

i think where the confusion arises is UK people thinking they have a version whatever and calling them out of sequence
read post 18 by Mike Wood

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...m-english.html

hope thats cleared it up for you
Old 11 December 2006, 10:15 PM
S204
Scooby Regular

MB

Don`t sound like it really I suppose
Old 11 December 2006, 10:36 PM
S204
Scooby Regular

Well done for buying a proper car (JDM), these are vastly superior to the UK cars more power out of the factory better equipped and better looking IMHO.
As for what to do I suggest as everyone else has 3" exhaust panel filter and a remap.

Good luck . DJ

Quick Reply: wrx sti 8 jdm IMPORT