HELP HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2006, 06:01 PM
mattp11
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP HELP!!

Need some advice,

Clutch has started to slip! Done standing start and clutch slipped like a bugger and stunk, im guessing the clutch is dying on me. Need to know are there and special tools required for replacing the clutch (UK TURBO 99) as im going to give it a go myself. Also what recommendation do you guys have for a good clutch, bearing in mind i want to take the car up to 350 bhp.
Any advice of the process would be grateful.

Cheers Matt.
Old 13 December 2006, 06:33 PM
Murray
Scooby Regular

Default EASY JOB

I can not comment on the what clutch to use, but changing the clutch on the scooby is dead easy..........the only special tool is a clutch alinement tool...I made my own on the lathe...but you can by alinement for all good car part stores...they are not expensive. Torque wrench. A good general investigement is also an easy bleed kit that you can use on the brakes and clutchs....means you can do the job your self.

If you need anyelse just let me know. I recon I could do it in about 3/4hours on the drive with ramps.....
Old 13 December 2006, 06:48 PM
mattp11
Scooby Regular

Lovely jubbly,sounds good i maybe calling on your advice nearer the time im going to attack it on sunday. Thanks again.

Matt