Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

very special zaust people :-) LONG LIFE

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2001, 07:10 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I thought I would post me 1 week in review of my new zaust for yall.

I was in the dilemma of deciding whether to go for the scoobysports one or the magnex, I wanted to remove the cats, but still remain legal, many wife’s tails about what you should and should not do, problem is, what if some of it was true?

So I decided to take my car to a company I have seen recommended here before.

Long life in Bristol, now firstly let me say that im just a customer of them, and don’t know them from Adam.

I called them on a Thursday at 5 o clock, to ask some questions about what they do, and do they have magnex downpipes?

It turned out that they don’t sell other brands, but instead they produce any zaust you want there and then,.

HA I thought sounds dubious, so I recalled them and said can I come down tomorrow and have a look at what you do and if its any good may I book in?

They ummed and arrd a little, and said yep pop along at 1 ish we should have finished the VIPER by then.

OOO viper I thought J

Drove 2 hrs to get there, pretty easy to find, not impressed at first, just some cheep old building that looked more like a truckers café than performance zaust people.

But upon entering I soon changed my mind.

Thay had 2 bays, very new equipment, and wall to wall of items related to nice shiny zausts.

Shiny stainless steel in every shape and size you could think of (and before you shout HAHAHA triangle? Yep they had triangle stuff)

So I spoke to the mechanic, and asked him could he build me a full system (back box lots of pipe work, and replace the catted mid section all the way up to the downpipes) he asked? How big you want it? Ooo err 2 ½ please mr. What bout your back box? What do you want it to look like, sound like perform like? Ow my gwad govana so many choices?

Incidentally there was a scoob up on the ramps having a very nice 3 inch back box fabricated for it. It sounded divine, this convinced me to have mine done there and then.

I spoke to the owner, and was charged 400 notes, for a full system made there and then to my specifications, I ended up with a 4 inch back box, running through a 2 ½ system with no cat.

They even lent me their company car, to go shopping in a nice big mall at cribs cause way for the day.

3 hrs later I returned to find them fitting the last bit, it looked absolutely fantastic from underneath.

The sound on it was amazing, a very deep burble that almost shuddered your belly, its pretty loud but not over the top (this I asked him to make).

After living with it fro a week now, I can say I am still very happy with it, it roars to life, on high revving, and screams GET OUT OF MY WAY at anything above 5000 rpm J

Ill try get pics soon, and even a sound if I can figure out how.

If any of you are interested in getting a new back box (witch they will do for 170 ish FITTED, and made the way you want) drop them a line J

0800 27999 00

I will be heading back there to get my downpipes done from them 120 all fitted J

Ill even find some ort of spotts cat and ask them to cut a section out and fit it in my currently catles centre section.

Go have a look, they are very good
Old 07 December 2001, 12:16 AM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have also had an zorst made by them and they made a great job of it , the car sounded great . They made the system to my specs aswell

If you need a zorst give 'em a call

Dave

P.S.I don't have anythin to do with them except a satisfied customer
Old 07 December 2001, 09:39 AM
Steve3drRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

From a happy customer to me, a disgusted customer----

About 1.5yrs ago i had an exhaust made for my 3dr by longlife in cardiff-

Looked n sounded good when i first got it (even asked me the power of the car to make the exhaust to suit).

But on the long journey home the car didnt feel as good at the top end n the exhaust started to rattle.
Once i got in i got under the car to sort the rattle, noticed the pipes didnt look v.big but that was it.
After a cupla months i was going down the road n i heard a clang- one of the tailpipes had fell off!
About a week later the second one went the same way!
Got the car in the air n hada proper look at the system- the only word for it is shocking- the bore was only 2.5" which is way too small for any decent powered turbo car IMO, the pipe was squashed on every bend, n it had rust patches on it (so it was some poor *** quality stainless steel). The downpipe was big bore- turns out they used my original one, jus cleaned it up a bit n changed the join on the end.
Got on at em- they offered to weld the tailpipes back on but that was it- i told em to stick the 4in tips up their ***.

I was more trusting of people then- no wonder they had the car on he ground by the time i got there...

BEWARE- imo stick with scoobysport etc etc.

Now i got a custom single (v.small) box 3.5" all the way thru (turbo back) proper stainless zorst with a 4" tailpipe n its a thousand times better, n fooooooookin loud.

steve
Old 07 December 2001, 07:50 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Talking

That is shocking,

I can only think that they have performed some kind of radical business processing re-engineering, as their quality and standard is second to none (from what I saw).

They were only too happy to have me view the finished car from underneath, and showed me the process of fabrication.

All the pipes were formed on machines and were very smooth and looked accurate.

I am so impressed with them that im trusting my car with them again for some down pipes.

P.s im not easily pleased LOL

OOOO A BOX (homre simpson style)