Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Dawes MBC with boost solenoid connected

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2002, 01:48 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wondering if anyone has fitted their Dawes but left the boost solenoid connected on a standard ECU,what held boost are you getting before the solenoid kicks in and brings boost down,is it higher than pre Dawes.

john banks and I had a play with in line restrictors on my car recently and although we got higher peaks could not get the held to change.my gauge always read held 14psi.once the peaks got higher (+16 on gauge)the solenoid would kick in,drop the boost then gently oscillate boost even at wide open throttle until it held 14psi and then pulled smoothly,not the peel your face off w/screen affect.this suggests that the boost solenoid plays a part in the held boost not just the peaks.we have also fitted john's Dawes to my car with a held 15psi on gauge but we had the boost solenoid disconnected.this transformed the cars performance but I do not like the idea of having things disconnected especially something to do with high boost control.

I could just try the Dawes with the solenoid connected but have decided that I want to fit knock/lambda monitoring before it goes on to see standard values first.