Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Anyone got any experience with Twin GE Turbos - the big ones off A10's??

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2002, 02:51 PM
Delta
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I asked the world of scoobynet a while back about sensible ways to proceed with making my rex a little quicker - in the end I got some great advice and will have my four pot brakes fitted at the end of the month...

However - over the holidays I was a little bored - and we had an old A10 sitting out the back that no-one had used for a while...

I started doing some math - and that A10 had a couple of GE turbofans producing something like 9000 pounds of thrust each!!

hmmmm . 18000 lbs of thrust on a car that weighs only 1500 lbs...now thats my idea of fun...

Now i need to come up with a sensible way of reinforcing the roof rails to deal with the additional pressure - and color code the new engines - cos it looks a bit naff at the moment

Old 02 January 2002, 03:02 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

WOW, that is amazing, I have never seen that done on any car before! How much were the engines, they must have cost a fortune?

How do you currently have them held onto the roof????

I take it you will just be using the car for a show car etc, I doubt the law will let you fire them up on the road?

I am suprised that someone has done this to a scooby!

Paul

Old 02 January 2002, 05:12 PM
Delta
Scooby Newbie

POC? are you on crack?

Actually they are held on with blu-tac - which seems to be working nicely... though I am concerned that if I go down the Dawes MBC controller and fail to calibrate it - what happens if these puppies overboost and i get a sudden 25000 lbs.....

maybe EBC would be a better way to go for safety's sake - and probably some ducttape in addition to the blutack