Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhaust Upgrade Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2002, 05:00 PM
GW2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All,

Hope you had a good time over the Xmas and New Year period. Saw plenty of Scoobies as I had travel from Hampshire to Falkirk via Lancashire.

Anyway time to spend some of my Christmas pennies. I drive a relatively standard MY00 5DR and currently thinking of changing the exhaust system. The only changes I have done is swap the air filter for a K&N panel filter and the standard backbox for a STi/P1 version, as I like the single pipe.

I'm thinking of replacing the downpipe as I hear you get the most improvement in performance there. Can anyone suggest any options without going too stupid on the noise level? I've heard the Scoobysport setup and would not want to go much louder than that.

Also do any replacement downpipes, CAT'd or not, still allow you to keep the warrenty?

Thanks in advance

Ian
Old 02 January 2002, 05:34 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Officially" you lose the warranty, practically depends on dealer. I would consider most of all the backbox you fit regarding noise levels and make sure you fit a resonated midsection and you can keep the noise levels pretty well down. STi backbox is quiet if restrictive, PPP backbox is good, Remus ones also said to be quiet, SS/Magnex/HKS all seem incredibly loud to me! SS/Magnex/Falkland/Scoobymania/PE downpipes all get a good write up and I don't think anyone is really convinced there is any particular differences in power.
Old 03 January 2002, 11:07 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi Ian hope you had a good Xmas!!

Its 6 and 2 threes mate noise wise I think the SS DP is slightly louder than the magnex but the magnex really lets you hear the turbo spool and the wastegate, coz its a bit quieter. The magnex is MUCH cheaper so it depends on what you want to spend. You should change the BB as well as John said the Sti is restrictive, in which case the magnex is quieter and cheaper than the SS - again depends what you want. If you keep your centre with CAT it should still pass emissions and there are certain dealers in our area that you could refer to as being accommodating............

Hope that helps,
Cheers
Neil.

P.S - Happy New Year mate
Old 03 January 2002, 03:04 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Ian,

Check this thread:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=62379