Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Fitting DCCD box into classic

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2007, 11:18 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fitting DCCD box into classic

I have just aquired a sti ra limited DCCD gearbox and rear diff. I'm looking to put it into a 1993WRX with neetronics DCCD controller. Not sure what year it came out of but I'm assured its close ratio 1-4 with a long 5th, capable of about 80mph at 3k rpm (supposedly standard on sti ra lmt gearboxes)

What will I need to put it into my classic? Can I keep my prop shaft and rear hubs/brakes?

Is it a pain in the bum to wire the DCCD in? I'm pretty good with electronics but would be good to have a heads up on any potential problems before they rear their heads.

thanks
will
Old 16 November 2007, 07:26 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Neetronics has all you need to do the job, and i wished I had bought one instead of grafting the stock dccd ECU into my non dccd Sti V3!

The rear diff 'might' be a R180 type as opposed to the R160 which is normal, BUT I think the Type R's had the 180 and not the car you state. Best reference is to call David at www.apiengineering.com coming soon! as he knows everything about them!
All classic props are the same if the box is 5 speed manual.
If the diff is a R160 type then your hubs are OK but you might have to change one or both of the drive shafts as the 'new' diff could be a plated LSD and you current diff a viscous type. One of the shafts is different.
Again, David is the Man!

Some years ago on this section someone installed a Neetronics so do a search on the word. you might find it and a stack of info.

Also, look harder at the current threads here as I recall someone is doing exactly what you are about to!
Graham.

There are only 2 extra wires to the dccdbox itself, the rest is to the handbrake and a power feed etc.
Old 16 November 2007, 07:34 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain...ml#post7411845