How strong 4EAT is?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2010, 07:21 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How strong 4EAT is?

Hi guys,
i have question as above,my WRX now running 270-280BHP after remap(thanks Neil@Slowboy Racing)with supported mods,but after all,i want some more power,350-360BHP will be my Top.On more website i heard 4EAT its not so strong and some as Nasioc saying its good for 400WHP.But now i need just clarification(i already have invoice for rebuild 4EAT 2500£ no long time ago,i don't want again paid these crazy money),swaping 4EAT to 6MT its on long run and for me not worth at the time.
Any help i will be very apereciate,thanks
Old 11 August 2010, 10:58 PM
RobsWRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mate

It's one of those questions that has many answers. There are some good 4eat's and some bad. With regards to the box mechanicals they are reasonably strong - 400whp (wheel horsepower) is a fairly powerful engine but its more the torque that is the issue. First upgrades are an uprated oil cooler and a shift kit from the likes of Level Ten. The main mechanical issues that you would have on the 4eat are heat related.

After that you are looking for uprated torque convertors etc with higher stall rates to match you turbo etc. My idea has always been to have a spare box. People are very against the auto scoobs in this country so they are usually very cheap. I find it a very capable box and love driving mine. You can buy rebuild kits and manuals off the shelf. Most boxes die due to oil pump failure so make sure it gets a good service with Millermatic SP3 or Fuchs Titan 4000. You should easily be able to hold 350bhp+. If you need more info send me a pm.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 11 August 2010, 11:50 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Rob for some clarification and useful infos.
I probably go for uprated torque converter and probably next thing i go for shift kit,but this is now pretty expensive for me at time,but next year i will invest to this.
Oil cooler B&M probably has be installed next months with oil change.And other question which transmission oil cooler you are recommend?
I want order late this months B&M Oil Cooler,but i don't know its good or which you are recommend?