Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Gearbox or release bearing???

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2010, 03:09 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Gearbox or release bearing???

hi, i have a major problem i cant explain the sound but its like a rattling sound like a release bearing but only does it when im driving. the faster i go the louder it gets but when i press the cluch the sound completely goes. i took it to sheffield subaru service and they said it were the gear linkages but i really think it is much worse. i had a full clutch kit fitted by sheffield subaru service so i dont think it could be the release bearing. any advise would be much appreciated

Last edited by sonic-scooby; 11 September 2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10 September 2010, 03:56 PM
alphaj12
Scooby Regular

I have the same, been told its the release bearing, does it stop if you just touch the pedal(push it in maybe 1/4 inch).
Old 10 September 2010, 04:09 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alphaj12
I have the same, been told its the release bearing, does it stop if you just touch the pedal(push it in maybe 1/4 inch).
i dont think so it doesnt do it when im stood still its only when im driving ill i start to hear it very faintly at about 30mph but like when im doing 60mph it is very loud ill try what u say and let u know. thanks mate
Old 10 September 2010, 04:25 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

what clucth have they fitted
Old 10 September 2010, 10:03 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

i dont know mate i dont think it was exedy.

Last edited by sonic-scooby; 11 September 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11 September 2010, 02:24 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

id get the garge who done to sort it out as im sure they wouldnot charge if its somethign they have madea mistake on
Old 11 September 2010, 02:58 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

well its been on for less than a year so ill do that i think and just ask them to check it me out. thanks alot mate
Old 14 September 2010, 01:40 PM
WhiteWagonMan
Scooby Regular

Location: Trying to pull a 10 second 1/4 mile running a standard 2.0ltr engine...

Not sure what the problem could be mate but i would go and see paul at sheffield subaru,he will sort it out for you no worries.All the work on my car has been done by paul and had a clutch fitted by him also and my car`s running 350bhp,and have got no probs at all with mine.I know him personally and know for certain he has NEVER had a clutch back with any problems thats been fitted by him.he`s a great scooby mechanic and a great guy to deal with,get ya self down and see him pal he`ll sort it for you straight away.
Old 15 September 2010, 01:01 PM
sonic-scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sonic-scooby
i had a full clutch kit fitted by sheffield subaru service so i dont think it could be the release bearing. any advise would be much appreciated
Originally Posted by WhiteWagonMan
Not sure what the problem could be mate but i would go and see paul at sheffield subaru,he will sort it out for you no worries.All the work on my car has been done by paul and had a clutch fitted by him also and my car`s running 350bhp,and have got no probs at all with mine.I know him personally and know for certain he has NEVER had a clutch back with any problems thats been fitted by him.he`s a great scooby mechanic and a great guy to deal with,get ya self down and see him pal he`ll sort it for you straight away.
i said on my 1st post that i doubt that it could be the clutch. I know he is a good scooby mechanic otherwise i wouldnt have had my engine and clutch done by him. I've sold my car now somebody offered me right money 4 it so i bought a better scoob lol. I've read through this thread and i realise that its looking bad on sheffield subaru service i didn't mean any offence to paul and sheffield subaru service and i will still be taking my new scooby to him if and when it needs it.