Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

wrx with RA box and diff

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2013, 09:49 PM
V1WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx with RA box and diff

Hello Everyone, not sure if many or any of you are on 'typeRA' or not but have posted on there too seeing as it is halve to do with a WRX and an RA!! Please forgive me, i am going to copy and paste it here. i have always found the information i have need here and would be so grateful for anyones help.

I have a 93 wrx saloon, i have a complete 95 type ra with no engine that has been vandalized beyond repair. Over this next long weekend im planning on swapping the gearbox, rear diff, controller, thumb wheel and instrument pack.

my first question is, the wiring that goes to the n/s footwell plugs into a clear connector and goes behind the dash. Would this connector be on my wrx ready to be plugged in? Same goes for the instrument pack diff display, it is a small harness 25cm long, will this be ready to be plugged in? Or is it going to be both dashboards stripped and swapped?

second question i saw someone once saying that they had a wagon that already had the dccd fitted but wanted a controller to fit to it, would this mean you can run that gearbox and diff without the controller??