Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

ESB's Open Evening!

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2008, 03:28 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESB's Open Evening!

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...s-again-3.html

Second Page, halfway down.
Thought I'd copy this on here for all of those that haven't been reading this specific thread!
Maybe with a bit more knowledge - a better turnout may ensue!
Old 13 February 2008, 11:21 PM
wongy
Scooby Regular

only just read that they were having a open evening if i read this earlier would of gone down to see the boys there,
Old 14 February 2008, 07:42 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Im sorry to keep this this dragging on but I think one of these comments was aimed at me! I've NEVER slagged anyone off on here but I can't sit here and listen to this....

Vega said....

Exactly most things on here are BS at the end of the day and so many things could have been said in the past about how certain members in here have funked ESB over, whenever I've been there:

-people not paying for work
-people blowing up P1 engines
-using the premises for private work and blaming ESB when things go t!ts up

back on topic - the history of the car has always been an issue (no offence to spally) but as the title suggests the car was always a lemon and secondly wasn't it purchased from ABW and not ESB

Instead of making out of context statements let's look at the facts ....

1) -people not paying for work = I'd lay my house on the fact NO ONE from ESC has ever not paid them for work! I know for a fact the people who they have had trouble with and let's say ESB knew the type of people they were.

2) -people blowing up P1 engines = I don't know the full story on this, so I'll be carefull BUT I know a certain P1 who's engine blew wasn't mapped and let's say wasn't std. Also I've never let anyone drive my car and if I did and they blew it up...... tuff, it would be my fault!!!!!!

3) -using the premises for private work and blaming ESB when things go t!ts up = Well this sounds like my last story! Well here it is in detail.......

I asked ESB to recommend a Auto Electrician to install an alarm I supplied.... They did this and the Electrician asked ESB if he could do the work at their location. (note I asked him if I could get it done at my office as I had to arrange lifts).

ESB had no issue with this and the work was carried out there as he also did work for ESB on the same day.

I picked up the car and as I drove off noticed that speedo no longer worked? I returned to ESB and spoke to the electrician who did not know why that had happened.....? He asked ESB and they said the cable must have come out? They felt under the dash and told me that was what had happened but that was now ok.

I drove off and it still didn't work.... when I got home I looked at the cable and it was now connected to the speedo but was now not connected to the gearbox.....? I also noted that the loom for the alarm was taped to the speedo cable and that it passed through the same grommet in the bulkhead. I what guess that the electrician had accidently pulled the cable out of the speedo.....

I called the electrician and told him this and he was very good saying fair enough and if I got ESB to fix it he would sort the bill out with them.

I took the car to ESB the next day (phoning them first telling them the time I would be down) and after waiting they had another 5 minute look at the car and pushed the cable back into the gearbox saying that was now fixed... I asked them if they could get the car on the ramp as it would easier to check if it was ok, they refused. I asked what I could do if it didn't work... they said book it in.

Well guess what.... it still didn't work..... next day I called electrician and told him this, he said book it in with ESB. I called them and they said they wouldn't work on my car as they were not sure who would pay for the job.... I explained that wasn't an issue, and they said they wanted the electrician to phone them directly.

Well after about a dozen calls to ESB, they still wouldn't say yes to carryout the work..... I was getting the hump so I called the electrician and told him that I was booking the car in with someone else. (he wasn't too keen as this would cost him more money).

I called Zak first, but I couldn't get hold of him, so called Xtreme. They took the car in that night!!!! and by 9am the next morning had fixed the car (complete new cable required).

The Auto electrician paid the labour and I paid for the part as they said there was a chance it was on the "way out".

Facts... The electrician handled the job well and I would use him again. I was very disappointed with ESB as all I wanted to do was book my car in?

I was left out of pocket and fuming about this !!!!!
Old 14 February 2008, 07:49 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Oh and FYI

Zak has made mistakes on my car in the past....

No one is perfect. But he has always rectified them and for no charge and has admitted that it was something he missed. (BTW, these were not big issues.)

As Ms Gooner said.... it's the quality of customer service that's the issue.....
Old 14 February 2008, 07:50 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

P.P.S. I would have been at the open evening if I'd read this earlier!
Old 14 February 2008, 08:27 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Ian - I know exactly what you mean - I also feel that some comments seem to be directed to us! However, the comments I have made on some of the threads have never been answered by ESB.
Very unfortunatly, Daren had last night off but was in Milton Keynes collecting our new wagon - and didn't get home here till almost 10, so missed the Open Evening. Although, I'm not really sure what would have been acheived, I would have been interested to see what it was all about.

And as said before, I/we have nothing against them as people - only the way they conduct business. I'm annoyed at the constant lines like "jumping on the bandwagon" - what bandwagon!!?? A few guys/gals on here have had bad experiences with ESB - and other garages too I'm sure. why is that a bandwagon?
Old 14 February 2008, 08:55 AM
vega
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bibo_boy
Im sorry to keep this this dragging on but I think one of these comments was aimed at me! I've NEVER slagged anyone off on here but I can't sit here and listen to this....

Vega said....

Exactly most things on here are BS at the end of the day and so many things could have been said in the past about how certain members in here have funked ESB over, whenever I've been there:

-people not paying for work
-people blowing up P1 engines
-using the premises for private work and blaming ESB when things go t!ts up

back on topic - the history of the car has always been an issue (no offence to spally) but as the title suggests the car was always a lemon and secondly wasn't it purchased from ABW and not ESB

Instead of making out of context statements let's look at the facts ....

1) -people not paying for work = I'd lay my house on the fact NO ONE from ESC has ever not paid them for work! I know for a fact the people who they have had trouble with and let's say ESB knew the type of people they were.

2) -people blowing up P1 engines = I don't know the full story on this, so I'll be carefull BUT I know a certain P1 who's engine blew wasn't mapped and let's say wasn't std. Also I've never let anyone drive my car and if I did and they blew it up...... tuff, it would be my fault!!!!!!

3) -using the premises for private work and blaming ESB when things go t!ts up = Well this sounds like my last story! Well here it is in detail.......

I asked ESB to recommend a Auto Electrician to install an alarm I supplied.... They did this and the Electrician asked ESB if he could do the work at their location. (note I asked him if I could get it done at my office as I had to arrange lifts).

ESB had no issue with this and the work was carried out there as he also did work for ESB on the same day.

I picked up the car and as I drove off noticed that speedo no longer worked? I returned to ESB and spoke to the electrician who did not know why that had happened.....? He asked ESB and they said the cable must have come out? They felt under the dash and told me that was what had happened but that was now ok.

I drove off and it still didn't work.... when I got home I looked at the cable and it was now connected to the speedo but was now not connected to the gearbox.....? I also noted that the loom for the alarm was taped to the speedo cable and that it passed through the same grommet in the bulkhead. I what guess that the electrician had accidently pulled the cable out of the speedo.....

I called the electrician and told him this and he was very good saying fair enough and if I got ESB to fix it he would sort the bill out with them.

I took the car to ESB the next day (phoning them first telling them the time I would be down) and after waiting they had another 5 minute look at the car and pushed the cable back into the gearbox saying that was now fixed... I asked them if they could get the car on the ramp as it would easier to check if it was ok, they refused. I asked what I could do if it didn't work... they said book it in.

Well guess what.... it still didn't work..... next day I called electrician and told him this, he said book it in with ESB. I called them and they said they wouldn't work on my car as they were not sure who would pay for the job.... I explained that wasn't an issue, and they said they wanted the electrician to phone them directly.

Well after about a dozen calls to ESB, they still wouldn't say yes to carryout the work..... I was getting the hump so I called the electrician and told him that I was booking the car in with someone else. (he wasn't too keen as this would cost him more money).

I called Zak first, but I couldn't get hold of him, so called Xtreme. They took the car in that night!!!! and by 9am the next morning had fixed the car (complete new cable required).

The Auto electrician paid the labour and I paid for the part as they said there was a chance it was on the "way out".

Facts... The electrician handled the job well and I would use him again. I was very disappointed with ESB as all I wanted to do was book my car in?

I was left out of pocket and fuming about this !!!!!
Ian - I have not made any out of context statements and the facts you list are somewhat inaccurate (how much is your house worth?) and maybe a phone call or PM would have been more appropriate before throwing your toys out.

If you re-read my post nothing has been aimed at you, as I was not there when you experienced the above issues and was not aware of them.

As said on the other thread people are too easily lead like sheep, happy to jump on band wagons and people get upset like this when someone provides their side of the story which we are all intitled to do, as its only an internet forum at the end of the day

Trending Topics

Old 14 February 2008, 09:18 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vega
Ian - I have not made any out of context statements and the facts you list are somewhat inaccurate (how much is your house worth?) and maybe a phone call or PM would have been more appropriate before throwing your toys out.

If you re-read my post nothing has been aimed at you, as I was not there when you experienced the above issues and was not aware of them.

As said on the other thread people are too easily lead like sheep, happy to jump on band wagons and people get upset like this when someone provides their side of the story which we are all intitled to do, as its only an internet forum at the end of the day

PM or phone call to whom??????? I tried to call ESB loads of times to sort my situation out...... there's a limit mate!!!

Trust me, I've said nothing on here that isn't 100% the truth. I say things as they are..... Trust me I could post alot more "interesting" facts if you want?
Old 14 February 2008, 09:33 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Trust me I could post alot more "interesting" facts if you want?
LOL
Old 14 February 2008, 07:36 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Trust me I could post alot more "interesting" facts if you want?

I have an interesting fact ....

Did you know, a Duck's Quack doesn't echo ?

Old 14 February 2008, 08:01 PM
gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
Indeed! I DID know that - its actually the only thing that Doesn't have an echo!
Old 14 February 2008, 08:48 PM
wozzaa
Scooby Regular

PM or phone call to whom??????? I tried to call ESB loads of times to sort my situation out...... there's a limit mate!!!

Trust me, I've said nothing on here that isn't 100% the truth. I say things as they are..... Trust me I could post alot more "interesting" facts if you want?
Ian without coursing any offence to you, but how many times have you asked to buy some thing only to change your mind or ask a favour from ESB?
I also know of other people who have taken the P maybe thats why they've gone else where.
As Ganster said there's a lot of sheep in here. I don't know Zak & maybe one day would use his services & maybe use Extreme as well but there a bit of a distance from me, but also how many people say that they can never get hold of Zak or he's to busy.

The thing is when your using a company & there bending over backwards for you every thing's OK, but maybe ESB have a bad experince from traders who say just do it we'll pay you later but always say I'm not paying that, who knows, just rember it's a business they could have charged you for using there premises, would Extreme let you use there workshop & tools? what about Mocom? I think you know the answer would be No.
Just have a little think how many Members they have not charged for this service
Old 15 February 2008, 07:15 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wozzaa
Ian without coursing any offence to you, but how many times have you asked to buy some thing only to change your mind or ask a favour from ESB?
I also know of other people who have taken the P maybe thats why they've gone else where.
As Ganster said there's a lot of sheep in here. I don't know Zak & maybe one day would use his services & maybe use Extreme as well but there a bit of a distance from me, but also how many people say that they can never get hold of Zak or he's to busy.

The thing is when your using a company & there bending over backwards for you every thing's OK, but maybe ESB have a bad experince from traders who say just do it we'll pay you later but always say I'm not paying that, who knows, just rember it's a business they could have charged you for using there premises, would Extreme let you use there workshop & tools? what about Mocom? I think you know the answer would be No.
Just have a little think how many Members they have not charged for this service
Wozza no offence taken mate

I can't remember personally, when I placed an order for something then changed my mind? Maybe others have? As for favours.... Again, I always paid for everything I had done at ESB.....? As for using tools... OK I did borrow a spanner once or twice, but I've done that at Zaks just as much..... Zak's put Det. cans on my engine and spent an hr checking my car for no charge!!!!

Thinking about it, Zak's done loads for me and gone beyond the call of duty re. customer service in the past and when I did get frustrated with something I contacted him and he explained everything. I remember breaking down twice 1 mile from ESB after they had worked on the car to be told "try and drive the car back", this was when the car was overheating and the end result was TWO blown head gaskets....

I've backed AND thanked ESB on here loads of times and given them the benefit of doubt when others have said stay away. As I've said, this is my opinion and I'm allowed to express it.
Old 15 February 2008, 09:26 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by *Nate*

**COUGH** Urban Legend: A Duck's Quack Doesn't Echo **COUGH COUGH**
Old 30 April 2008, 08:24 PM
scooby_nut
Scooby Newbie

Does anyone here know how to get hold of ESB?? I have tried contacting them over the phone with no answer and everyone only knows them as Jamie and Mike which doesn't help much when trying to work out how to contact them. Anyone actually know their other names?

Thanks
Old 01 May 2008, 07:55 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Just pop down there......

Dollymans Farm
Old 01 May 2008, 10:10 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Yep - just go down there