Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Magny Cours is on the 5th and 6th July

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2008, 03:27 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magny Cours is on the 5th and 6th July

Me & My friends @ WWW.ECRUZE.COM
are going to this car show...
Didnt know if anyone from ESC would be intrested....

Ok People,

We are trying to arrange this with the help of our kind French Contacts

On the 5th and 6th July Magn Cours holds a modified car show which is meant to on the rather large size

Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours is a motor racing circuit located in France, near the towns of Magny-Cours and Nevers. It is most famous for staging the Formula One French Grand Prix, which has been held here since 1991. On 31 May, Bernie Ecclestone initially confirmed that the 2007 French Grand Prix would be the last to be held at Magny Cours [1], though the release of the 2008 race calendar has confirmed that 2008 French Grand Prix will take place at Magny-Cours. However, the long term future of the circuit is unconfirmed, as Ecclestone has speculated that the return may only be temporary, until another venue can be found.

We are hoping to attend the modified car show this year, staying in a hotel rather than camping.
This is because we would like our cars stored in a safe location and because why camp when you can head back to the hotel and have a nice shower and beer

We are looking into the requirements for driving in France but at first glance it looks like you will need/consider:

18 Years old - 17 in the U.K but 18 in France.
IDP (International Driving Permit) An IDP identifies you as a legally licensed driver and, when accompanied by a valid UK driving licence, allows you to drive a private motor vehicle abroad. This form is downloadable on the RAC website and is valid for one year.

Documents: You need to hold a full driving licence. Remember to take with you:

Motor insurance certificate.
Vehicle registration documents.
Passport.

You might be asked to show these at any time and it could help you avoid a fine from the police, or even worse, your car being taken away.
Insurance: You need to let your insurance company know if you plan to take your car abroad. Get in touch with them at least a month before you leave to make sure you're covered.
Maintenance: Make sure that your car is in good nick, as you don’t want to break down in a different country. It's worth taking out European breakdown cover.
If you take your own car abroad you'll need to adjust the headlights, as you'll be driving on the right. If you don’t get them adjusted you'll dazzle other drivers and possibly be fined.
GB sticker: You need to put a GB sticker on your car; if not you will get an on-the-spot fine. If you have a Euro-symbol on your number plate (BS AU 145d standard) then you don’t need a GB sticker when driving in Europe. But if you go outside the EU, and that includes Switzerland, you need a GB sticker as well.

Left or right?: In most European countries you need to drive on the right, except in Ireland, Cyprus and Malta.

The confirmed dates for the show are 5th & 6th July but we are hoping to leave on Friday 4th around Midday and take a nice slow drive down. We could then take a nice drive back on Monday 7th.
Sound good?

Map to event below
http://http://maps.google.co.uk/maps...48535&z=7&om=0
Old 02 April 2008, 08:26 PM
79000th Member
Scooby Newbie

just had a gander Baz looks a good event
Old 02 April 2008, 08:58 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

a friend of mine has been for the last 5 years running..
& has joined the ecruze site, & said its one of the best weekends he has @ a car show..
So im going i think there is about 20 of us going...