Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Gaz Shocks update:-

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2008, 06:50 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaz Shocks update:-

As some of you know, i recently replaced my coilovers and in tradition of helping out local businesses, decided upon Gaz Shocks...

Mark (kindly introduced to me by KevD) took me round his factory and explained everything to me (some went over my head) and said he didn't have any in stock, but would build me some!!!

anyway, to cut a long story sideways, these are now on my car (courtesy of Zak and Luke at Mocom) and i'm 100% happy with them. they have 20 click damper and rebound adjustment on them 0 = filling removal and 20 = kingsize mattress.

The only thing i needed to do was add some rear camber bolts, to give me that extra camber Zak said was required.

one wheel alignment later and the thing goes round corners like its on rails...

its a lot more predictable and has a great balanced feel.

i will get used to them for a while and then tinker with the damping again, once i have a benchmark.

you really learn a lot about handling characteristics, by upgrading the suspension and experiencing first hand what differences small adjustments make.

i can thouroughly recommend them and would like to thank KevD, Mark at Gaz, and of course the Mocom Magic Men, for making it all work so well

[off to find some more sharp bends.....]
Old 19 June 2008, 07:03 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Nice one Dazza! Did you keep that camber when i was there or did you go more crazy?

I'm loving the Perrin Stuff... meaning to update my project thread but having problems with my phone and can't upload the pics.. grrr!

Thanks for breakfast too
Old 19 June 2008, 10:21 PM
deep_st24
Scooby Regular

Does that mean you have some Coil overs for sale? Or are they not in a good way?
Old 19 June 2008, 10:45 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very tidy cornering that man
Old 19 June 2008, 11:09 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Nice one Dazza, good pricing?

Did you get my text yesterday?
Old 20 June 2008, 08:34 AM
kevdsti
Scooby Regular

We are runing them on the BMW race car and they are out of this world to daz is right it handles like its on rails
Old 20 June 2008, 09:28 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by deep_st24
Does that mean you have some Coil overs for sale? Or are they not in a good way?
I'm afraid the coilovers have gone to another member, during a seedy dark carpark transaction.

Although Mark at Gaz has said he'd do any ESC members a deal for £750.00 + vat. (thats £300.00 of list price!!). The real beauty of having these is firstly 2 year warranty, secondly these shocks are completely servicable, and if you happen to hit a kerb or something, they can be bought singley!!!

Trending Topics

Old 20 June 2008, 10:42 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza
I'm afraid the coilovers have gone to another member, during a seedy dark carpark transaction.

Although Mark at Gaz has said he'd do any ESC members a deal for £750.00 + vat. (thats £300.00 of list price!!). The real beauty of having these is firstly 2 year warranty, secondly these shocks are completely servicable, and if you happen to hit a kerb or something, they can be bought singley!!!
wonder who that was

that's a good price for the spec of the shocks. they must be a pukka bit of kit if you notice that much difference over the other coilovers. not been able to really test them yet as i had to take the rear brake lines off to get the old shocks off. not got round to bleeding the brakes yet.