Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Talk about it never rains but it pours!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2008, 03:14 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk about it never rains but it pours!!

Got a letter from the CSA last week, claiming I owe £800 and demanding payment of £112, up from £56 a week

I called them and the woman I spoke to said that my "Case worker" wasn't in but she'll get them to call, but haven't heard anything!

Anyway, I've now got to sell my bike, so if anyone is interested £800

It's a 1994 Yamaha FZR600R Genesis,
sprayed Yamaha 50th anniversary colours (Yellow/white and black)
31000 miles
No tax (Declared SORN)
Nearly brand new tyres
No MOT it's been garaged for the last 8 months, and I've checked it over and should pass first time
In pretty good condition
Tax is £47 a year!!!

Got leathers, helmet and gloves, but at the moment, not selling them as I may get an R6 in the future when everything has been sorted
Old 21 June 2008, 03:22 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

CSA are pretty useless in my experience - if they did things correctly from the start - then they wouldn't need to send out letters with such high demands on them!!!
Old 21 June 2008, 03:33 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

What pi$$es me off is that my other half's exhusband is getting away without paying anything, because the CSA "can't find him" despite Julia telling them where he works, is national insurance number, where he's been living and so on

It seems to me that because of their apparent ineptitude, they make honest fathers suffer. They couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel
Old 21 June 2008, 05:29 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Well said that man LOL

Indeed they are clearly incompetant! When Daren first split from his Ex - the CSA became involved - they wrote to him and asked him for not only HIS income but mine as well! I was livid - couldn't beleive that their aim was to have him pay as much as possible and then expect ME to support HIM whilst he supported his daughter! I refused to give my details and they threatened legal action

As it is now - we've all come full circle - everyone gets on very well and we've come to an independant arrangement with his X and fecked the CSA right outta it!
Old 21 June 2008, 05:53 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

When Bethany was born, Julia said that she would put down on the birth cerificate that the father was unknown, so we wouldn't get these "complications" But there's no way on earth that I was going to run away and hide from my responsabilities as a parent. I don't regret doing things the "right" way, nor do I regret having Bethany - she's a great kid and obviously, I love her to bits, but if Julia and I split up and I met someone else, I'll have grave concerns about having more children, as you say, the CSA don't give a toss and will always try and make people pay more and more money. I wanted to pay Julia the money directly, so the frigging government don't get the money, but because the tosser of an ex husband is playing hide and seek, they won't let me.

To be honest, I'm not that way inclined, but I'm now not surprised why so many fathers have commited suicide because the CSA demand so much money from them!
Old 21 June 2008, 06:13 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

No win situation then - however if your X (julia?) calls them off and explains that you have an amicable arrangement - they will lay off because they are really there to act as "tough" mediation. Theres loads of folk out there who have kids and couldn't give two pennies for 'em let alone be bothered - the CSA fail in those cases and seem to over compensate with people like yourself who ARE willing to contribute - but don't want to be put through the mill either!