Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

help needed.. (non car related)

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2010, 03:51 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed.. (non car related)

me and my missis live on the second floor of maisonettes. we have a 7 year old and a 1 year old. we have lived here for over a year.

We go down stairs today to find a note on every thing non structual. I.e, a bike thats locked to the railings belonging to a neighbour, a rubbish sack just by someones front door (obviously ready to take it down next time they go out) and My daughters pushchair. Note reads, "items left in the communial areas will be removed and owner re-charged"

after ringing them and explaining that whist im at work the missis is by herself and will have to make a choice to leave the baby downstairs in the stairway whilst she takes the pushchair upstairs, or, leave the baby upstairs whist she goes back down and gets the pushchair. The (london and quadrant) basicly said, aint my problem, im just doing as im told im new blah blah blah! They will take the push chair and charge us to get it back. Basicly this new woman is a jobsworth, and after my polite call to her turning messy coz she would not stop talking over me, im wondering where we stand (1) if they take our property, (2) can they charge us to get it back (3) can i go stab the gobby **** bit*h in the head now please!?

any one got any ideas how we stand?

We are private residents, with a private landlord living in a split private/councl grove.
Old 19 February 2010, 03:59 PM
loony toon
Scooby Regular

If they take it without your consent it is THEFT and can be reported to the police.

The only way they can enforce it is if they have signs around the premises stating they will remove items etc but even then if you say you cannot leave a child alone etc any decent self respecting officer will just say they are being silly about it.

I would personally write to who ever is her boss or higher ( if council ) and make a complaint about her and see what they say. We had similar problems with a local jobsworth who decided we had too many cars and so wrote a report saying she has complaints from our neighbours etc. We wrote a complaint letter to her boss about it who then came out and visited our home to see the cars etc. Suffice to say no real complaint had been made and it was her fabricating a story just to make herself look good to her boss, long story short she no longer works for them !!!!

Follow the formal procedure first and see what is said, then if that does not work trip wires on the stairs will
Old 19 February 2010, 04:36 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

cheers for the responce loony, i thought it would be classed as theft, and im pretty sure they cant charge us either. To be on the safe side i just bought a £6.99 bike lock from halfrauds and lock the pushchair up! lol
Old 19 February 2010, 06:43 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your car at home during the day ?
Old 19 February 2010, 07:02 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Is your car at home during the day ?
?????

whats that got to do with it? you think to leave the pushchair in there??

Last edited by G-Man1982; 19 February 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 19 February 2010, 07:07 PM
Scooby Senior

Yup ! if the car is closely available I'd fold it up into the boot.
Old 19 February 2010, 07:13 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

that is an option i suppose, would still be a pain as the car is not closley parked to the entrance of the downstairs door (where the push chair goes). i would do that if it was the only option but through princable i dont see why some over payed tw@t with a little bit of power should tell us where and where not we can put our push chair. I pay more than enough rent, councel tax etc and ours and the other neighbours push chairs are not in the way. AND it mean having a bloody push chair in me car all the time! me only got a little boot! lol
Old 19 February 2010, 07:17 PM
Scooby Senior

Can't be arsed with the agro these days, easy life mate. Probably fire regs or H&S, my Nan had the same in her place as some people take the p1ss with clutter. Not saying you do but these issues usually follow a complaint somewhere along the line.
Old 19 February 2010, 07:23 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

yeh i hear ya mate..... the fact that there are alot of bods with flower pots out side there doors and on a not even 3ft wide walkway (by the front doors) the jobsworth and saying **** about those. Pushchairs... 8ft sqaure entrance. so as for H&S they can do 1, if they try the fire risk jabble, then they best make the entrance doors open outwards as fire exits should do. See where im comming from mate, they cant have 1 rule for 1 thing and another for somthing else epecially when it involves my missis and kids.

id love a easy peacefull life, but this is taking the pi55.

Last edited by G-Man1982; 19 February 2010 at 07:27 PM.